BRAOU MEd Entrance Test 2016/Distance MEd Admissions 2016BRAOU MEd Entrance Test 2015 Notification/Ambedkar Open University BRAOU MEd Admissions 2016: Dr.B.R. Ambedkar Open University(BRAOU), the Department of Education is offering M.Ed. Programme, approved by NCTE (National Council for Teacher Education), from 2009 in English medium. So, BRAOU, Department of Education will issue the M.Ed. Entrance Test 2016 Notification in this Month and the University will invite the online applications from the eligible candidates for admission into M.Ed. through Entrance Test. This notification Eligibility Criteria, Educational Qualifications, Age limit, How to apply, online application form, Last date for apply, registration fee, course fee and more details are provided here.
Master of Education(M.Ed) Program Details:
1. The M.Ed. Programme designed and developed jointly by the Distance Education Council (DEC), Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) and National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) is a two-year programme offered through Open and Distance Learning (ODL) system.
2. Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Open University (BRAOU), Hyderabad has enters a MoU with the IGNOU for adopting the course material and offer the programme from 2009 onwards in the state. The Department of Education, Dr. BRAOU took initiation to prepare its own Self Instructional Course Material to the M.Ed. programme and supply it to the students for the batch of students admitted during 2015-16 onwards.
3. It is an innovative programme, utilizing self-learning materials (SLMs) and contact programme components. To impart instruction effectively the programme follows the multimedia approach, viz., print materials, audio-video components, teleconferencing, assignments, personal guidance for research, workshops, individual and group activities, etc.
M.Ed Program Objectives:
To achieve this comprehensive goal/objective, the programme seeks to:
1. develop specialized knowledge and understanding about the philosophical and sociological bases of education;
2.develop ability to understand human behavior and personality, and capability to apply this knowledge and understanding to guide the learners to learn efficiently and effectively;
3. develop knowledge and understanding of management, planning and financing of education; as also develop managerial and administrative capabilities and skills to effectively manage educational institutions;
4. develop knowledge and understanding of the process of educational research and aptitude for and skill in conducting research in specialized areas of education and thus generate knowledge or critically evaluate existing knowledge; and
5. develop national and international perspective about educational theory and practice to enable the learners to visualize the inter-linkages and dependency among different educational systems;
6. develop a working knowledge on Educational Technology and ICTs and their application in formal and non-formal systems of education and for teacher empowerment;
generate awareness and understanding of some specialized areas of education like Curriculum Development and Transaction and Teacher Education.
Quick links Ambedkar Open University:
BRAOU BEd(SE) Entrance Test 2015 Notification: Get Details
BRAOU MED Entrance Test 2015 Notification: Get Details
BRAOU BEd Entrance Test 2015 Notification: : Get Details
BRAOU Notifications: Get Details: : Get Details
Program Fee: Rs.35, 000/- for the entire program of two years
Duration of MEd Program:
1. Minimum period to complete the program from the date of registration: 2 years
2. Maximum period to complete the program from the date of registration: 6 years
MEd Admissions Procedure:
Admissions are made strictly on the basis of merit in the Entrance Test. Only. Those candidates who satisfy the eligibility criteria fixed by the University will be admitted. Centralised admissions will be done on the basis of the score obtained in the Entrance Test conducted by BRAOU. The candidate will be required to submit only the filled-in application form without any enclosures. The enclosures (documents) mentioned in the instructions for filling-in the application form to be submitted later after receiving the letter of offer for admission counselling to M.Ed. from the University after the entrance test.
MEd Program Centers:
The Programme Centre is the contact point at the local level. Select the programme centre that is convenient to you and write clearly the name of the study centre where you wish to register for counselling and other facilities. The programme centres provides audio-visual equipment, library and other facilities on all working days.
Location of the Programme Centre
1. Centre Code No.921 - Andhra Mahila Sabha College of Teaching Education, Osmania University campus, Hyderabad .Ph.No:04027098573
2. Centre Code No.922 - University College of Education, Kakatiya University, Warangal. Ph. 0870-2446122
3. Centre Code No.923 - Brown‟s College of Education, Ammapalem (Village) Konijerla (Mandal), Khammam. Phone No: 08742-282779
4. Centre Code No.924 - MR College of Education, Fort, Vizianagaram. Ph.No:08922-223840
5. Centre Code No.925 - Institute of Advanced Study in Education (IASE), Andhra University, Vishakapatnam. Ph. 9490798631
6. Centre Code No.926 - Annamacharya College of Education, New Bogamapalli (Post), Rajampet, YSR Dt. Ph.No: 08565-250200
Eligibility to appear for the MEd entrance exam: Candidate satisfying the following requirements shall be eligible to appear for the entrance test.
1. The candidate should be an Indian citizen.
2. The candidates who have obtained at least 55 % marks in aggregate in B.Ed./Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed.) are eligible for admission. There shall be a relaxation of 5% marks for SC/ST/BC/PH candidates as per the rules of the State Government and BRAOU in force.
3. The candidate must also fulfil any of the following conditions along with the above
(A) Teachers presently working (In-service) and have completed at least two years of experience as on 01-07-2015 as SGT/ School Assistant / PRT/ TGT/ PGT/ Lecturers working in Schools / Colleges / academic positions in DIET‟s/ SCERT‟s.
(B) In-service Head Master / Principal/Education Administrators / others in educational system having an experience of at least 2 years as on 01-07-2015.
Candidate should have completed 23 years as on 01-07-2015. No upper age limit.
Syllabus for MEd entrance test:
1. The Entrance test will be conducted based on the B.Ed. level syllabus for 100 Marks with 100 objective type (Multiple Choice) questions in English Medium only and Time duration is 2 hours.
1. The entrance test will be held on
2. Candidates are expected in the examination hall by 10.00 AM.
3. The syllabus and the model questions are furnished separately in this booklet.
4. Medium of Entrance Test: the Question paper will be in English only.
The Qualifying mark in the M.Ed. Entrance Test for all candidates, except SC / ST, is 35. For the candidates belonging to SC / ST communities ranking will be extended below the qualifying mark.
Candidates will be ranked in the order of the merit in the M.Ed. entrance test. In case of candidates getting equal mark, age shall be taken into consideration for relative ranking among the bracketed candidates, and the older candidates shall be given priority. The rank obtained for entry in to the M.Ed. programme is valid for the academic year 2016-2017 only.
Request for Re-Totalling and Re-valuation or personal identification of scripts will not be entertained.
The Entrance Test will be held at the Regional Coordination Centres of BRAOU.
(To be submit at the time of Admission Counselling): The service certificate has to be signed by the employer concerned in case of applicants belonging to DIET's / SCERT's / CBSE / KVS / ICSE / Similar educational institutions, whereas in the case of teachers, Vidya volunteers working in State Govt. / Local Bodies/ Aided/Private recognized Schools the service certificate has to be signed by the Head of the Institution and counter signed by the MEO.
Original Certificates to be submitted at the time of Admissions:
1. B.Ed./ B.El.Ed. Degree Provisional Certificate and Year-wise Marks Memos
2. Degree Provisional Certificate and Yearwise Marks Memos
3. Date of Birth Certificate / SSC Certificate
4. Service certificate as on date of the admission counselling.
5. Integrated Caste Certificate, if applicable
6. Medical Board Certificate (for PH candidates)
7. Transfer Certificate
8. Migration Certificate.
9. Intermediate / 10+2 certificate.
10.Study Certificates (IX to Degree) or Residence Certificate.
How to apply for MEd entrance test:
Registration for Entrance test: The candidate has to register his/her candidature for appearing M.Ed. Entrance Test in University website www.braouonline.in and payment of registration fee through any AP ONLINE/TS ONLINE FRANCHISE CENTRE across the state on or before
Go through the following instructions given below and register accordingly.
1. Visit University website www.braouonline.in
2. Fill the application form ON-LINE with the help of all your certificates/documents and latest Pass Port Size (5 x 3.7 size with JPEG format).[see the model application form at the end pages for the information you need to provide to fill the application ON-LINE & keep it ready with you ]
3. If any wrong information is provided in the application form, it is the responsibility of the applicant only and the University is not liable.
4. After submitting the form, get a printed copy of your application number and pay an amount of Rs. 535/- towards Registration Fee at any AP ONLINE FRANCHISE CENTRE and obtain receipt for the same
5. Please keep the application number and receipt carefully with you for further reference.
Note: No Physical submission of application either at RCC or Head Quarters of University or at any other places is required.
Commencement of Applications: ..........................
Last date for Submission of Applications: ...........................
Date of Entrance Exam:...............
BRAOU MEd Entrance Test 2016 notification would be released soon in this month