Married Male Govt. Employees can be availed 15 days Paternity leave either Before or Within in a period of 6 Months from the date when his wife has delivered the babyPaternity Leave to Married Male Government employees:
1. This provision has been introduced vide G.O.Ms.No:231,Fin. (FR.I) Dept., dt; 16.09.2005. to be granted to married male permanent or temporary Government Employees having one surviving children.
2. Leave to be granted for a period of 15 days on full pay.
3. Leave sanctioning authority is competent to sanction the leave.
4. As per Cir.Memo.No.20129, Married male Govt. employees can be availed either before 15 days or within a period of 6 months from the date of delivery.
GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRA PRADESH
FINANCE (FR.I) DEPARTMENT
Cir.Memo.No. 20129-C/454/FR.I/2010 Dt. 21-07-2010
Subject: Paternity Leave to Male Government employees - Certain Clarification – Issued.
1. G.O.Ms.No 231, Fin. (FR.I) Dept., dt. 16-09-2005.
2. Cir. Memo. No. 14601/371/FR.I/2006, dt 24-6-2006, Finance (FR.I) Dept.
In the reference 1st cited, it was ordered that the competent authority may grant paternity leave on full pay to married male Government employees, temporary or permanent, for a period of 15days subject to the condition that it shall be granted to those with less than two surviving children.
In the Circular Memo 2nd cited, it was clarified that the paternity leave has to be availed by the married male Government employee from the date when his wife has delivered the baby.
The 9th Pay Revision Commission, 2008 among other things, with regard to sanction of Paternity Leave to married male Govt. employees, observed that as per the clarification issued by Government of India in O.M.13018/2/98-Estt.(L), dated 16-7-1999 the employees of Government of India can avail paternity leave either before 15 days or within a period of 6 months from the date of delivery.
Hence, the Commission, therefore, recommended to issue revised clarificatory instructions on the lines issued by the Government of India in its O.M.13018. dt. 16-7-1999 in so far it relates to the grant of paternity leave.
Read more: 15 Days Paternity Leave on Full Pay to Married Male Employees
Government hereby further clarify that the paternity leave by married male Govt. employees can be availed either before 15 days or within a period of 6 months from the date of delivery.
#Circ.Memo.201129 - 15 Days Paternity Leave to be Availed Before or Within 6 Months from Date of Delivery
#Model Proceedings for 15 Days Paternity Leave