GO.748 Exemption of 5 years time to Visually Handicapped employees from passing of Departmental Tests for promotionGO.748 Exemption of 5 years time to Visually Handicapped employees from passing of Departmental Tests for promotion.Government of Andhra Pradesh, G.O.Ms.No: 748, General Administration(Services) Department, Dated:29-12-2008
Public Services–Promotion to the higher posts - Visually Handicapped employees – Passing of Departmental Tests for promotion to next higher categories – 5 years time allowed – Orders – Issued.
1) Director, Disabled Welfare & State Commissioner under persons with Disabilities Act,1995 Lr.No:S.V/6794/06,Dt.19-04-2007.
2) Commissioner for the Welfare of persons with Disabilities and Senior Citizens
3) From the Secretary, APPSC, Hyderabad, Lr.No.1526/RR/08,Dt.15-12-2008.
1. The Secretary, Visually Handicapped Employees Welfare Association, Kakinada has requested to exempt the Visually disabled employees from passing the departmental tests irrespective whether they have crossed 45 years of age or not, as a special case, if theyfulfill the other conditions for promotion to next higher posts.
2. In the reference 2nd read above, it is reported that due to non-availability of books and codes in Braille Script, the visually impaired employees are loosing chances for higher promotions.
3. After careful examination, it is decided to allow 5 (five) years time to acquire the qualification of Tests prescribed under the rules by the Visually Handicapped employees who are otherwise qualified for promotion and during this time the books and codes will be prepared and made available in Braille Script instead of totally exempting them from passing Departmental Tests.
4. However, the employees who come up for consideration for promotion shall be promoted to higher categories during this period of 5 (five) years and such employees shall be directed to pass the tests in the promoted post. The preparation of books and codes in Braille Script for passing of tests shall be reviewed after 5 years.
5. Accordingly, the following notification will be published in the Andhra Pradesh Gazettee.
In exercise of the powers conferred by the proviso to article 309 of the Constitution of India and of all other powers hereunto enabling,the Governor of Andhra Pradesh hereby makes the following Adhocrule,
Ad-hoc Rule :
Notwithstanding anything contained in the Andhra Pradesh State and Sub-ordinate Service Rules or the Special Rules governing the post, the Visually Handicapped employees who have not passed the tests prescribed under the rules but otherwise qualified for promotion may be promoted to the post subject to acquiring the qualification of such tests within a period of Five years from the date of promotion and during this time, the books and codes shall be prepared and made available in Braille Script.
The preparation of books and codes in Braille Script for passing of tests shall be reviewed after a period of five years.