GO.145 Promotion Rejected Teachers should attend the next counselling after one year GapGovernment of Andhra Pradesh
G.O.Ms.No.145, General Administration(Ser.D)Dept, Dated:15.06.2004
Public Services - Andhra Pradesh State and Subordinate Service Rules,1996 - Imposition of penal clause for non-joining the post on appointment otherwise than by direct recruitment - Amendment to Rule 11(b) of the said rules – Issued
1. G.O.Ms.No.147 G.A.(Ser.D) Dept., dated 16.5.2003.
2. Govt. Lr.No.56073/Ser.D/2003-6,dated : 7.2.2004.
3. From the Secreary, APPSC,Lr.No.465/RR/2/2004, dated:02.06.2004.
1. In Andhra Pradesh State and Subordinate Service Rules, 1996 joining time is prescribed both for appointment by direct recruitment and for appointment by promotion / transfer.
2. In case of appointment by promotion / transfer the existing time limit is 15 days from the date of receipt of the appointment order.
3. Failure to join duty in the post for which the employee is appointed by promotion / transfer results in forfeiture of the present and future rights of promotion / appointment by transfer.
4. As a result of the above condition, a government employee who does not join in the promotion post within the stipulated time loses his promotion rights to the next higher category permanently.
5. It is noticed that for several reasons employees could not join in the promotion posts in the allowed time.
6. To mitigate the hardship to the Government employees, the Government decided to consider, such of those Government employees who could not join duty in the promotion posts, in the next panel year.
Accordingly Government have decided to issue the following amendment to rule 11(b) of Andhra Pradesh State and Subordinate Service Rules,1996.
The following notification will be published in the Extraordinary issue of the Andhra Pradesh Gazette:
In exercise of the powers conferred by the proviso to article 309 of the Constitution of India the Governor of Andhra Pradesh hereby makes the following amendment to the Andhra Pradesh State and Subordinate Service Rules, 1996 issued in G.O.Ms.No.436 G.A.(Ser.D) Dept., dated 15th October, 1996 published in Part-I Extra-ordinary issue of the Andhra Pradesh Gazette dated the 27th January,1997 and as subsequently amended from time to time.
In the said rules, in rule 11 for sub-rule (b) of Andhra Pradesh State and Subordinate Service Rules,1996., the following shall be substituted namely...,
(a)Time to join a post on appointment/temporary appointment under rule 10 including appointments by transfer or by promotion otherwise than by direct recruitment:
(i) A person on appointment/temporary appointment on adhoc basis under rule 10 including appointment by transfer or by promotion otherwise than by direct recruitment, shall be allowed a joining time of fifteen (15) days to join the post from the date of receipt of the order of appointment sent to the candidates by Registered Post with Acknowledgment due or by any other means.
(ii) An employee who does not join the post within the stipulated time or evades to join the post by proceeding on leave, shall lose his promotion right / offer for the current panel year and the name of the candidate shall be placed before the next Departmental Promotion Committee for consideration in the next year panel subject to availability of vacancy.
(iii)In case of non-selection posts, the name of the candidate who does not join within the stipulated time in the promotion posts shall be considered for promotion again after a period of one year from the date of offer of appointment subject to availability of vacancy
G.O.Ms.No.145, General Admin(Ser.D) Dept, Dated:15.06.2004