Green Your School Contest 2015 NotificationCII - Indian Green Building Council (IGBC) has launched Green Schools programme with an objective to nurture the young minds and inspire them to make green a way of life. IGBC is spearheading the Green Schools movement in India through various awareness programmes and competitions. As part of its initiatives, CII - IGBC is organising the Green Your School Contest 2015 which provides all the schools an opportunity to inspire, motivate and engage their students to green their respective schools using IGBC Green Schools Rating System as a guide.
Students of VIII - X Standards of all schools in India can participate.
What should the schools do?
1. Use IGBC Green Schools Rating as a tool
2.Develop ideas which can improve, restore, beautify and can convert the existing environment into a Green school
3. Describe your ideas in presentation format with videos, photos, etc
4. This will enable the children to be imaginative and they will be assessed on their ability to communicate information concisely.
Entries will be evaluated based upon the following criteria:
1. Generation of Ideas
2. Practicality of implementation
4. Each School should submit only one entry
5. Maximum of Three students and One teacher from each of the top 3 schools can participate.
6. Top three schools will be spported for implementation with cash awards
7. All the entris will receive a crtiicate of participation
Cash Award for Implementation
1. I Prize: Rs 3.5 Lakhs
2. II Prize: Rs 2.5 Lakhs
3. III Prize: 1.5 Lakhs
All the winners of the contest will receive a shield of excellence
1. Green Your School Contest 2015 is a Nationwide contest organised by CII - IGBC. Three students supported by one teacher can participate in the contest
2. Send an email for Confirmation of Participation to email@example.com/ firstname.lastname@example.org by 16th August 2015
3. Upon receipt of the email we shall send you the reference guide of IGBC Green Schools Rating which can be used as a tool to develop ideas for the contest
4. Prepare a PowerPoint Presentation of ideas to convert your school into a Green School using the reference guide
5. Send the presentation in CD (by courier) or email to the above mentioned email ids before 30th September 2015
6. The presentations will be evaluated by a panel of judges and the top 3 finalist teams will be selected. The selected teams will be intimated.
7. The top 3 finalist teams will have to present the same ideas submitted previously to a select panel of distinguished judges on 18th November, 2015 in Mahatma Mandir, , Gadhinagar, Gujarat. The travel and accommodation of the finalist teams will be arranged by IGBC.
8. The top 3 finalists will receive a cash prize of Rs 3.5, 2.5 & 1.5 Lakhs as I, II & Ill prize respectively for implementation of green measures in their school.
For further details please contact:
1. Satya Aruna - Satya.email@example.com - 040 - 44185127
2. Disha K Natwani - firstname.lastname@example.org - 040 - 44185207
1. 16th August 2015 - Confirmation from school regarding participation
2. 30th September 2015 - Last date for receiving submittals
3. 18th November 2015 - Finals (Ahmedabad)