GO.244 Constitution of NSS Selection Committee for a period of two years 2014-15 & 2015-16GO.244, TS Govt have decided the number of Awards to be given to the NSS Programme Coordinators, Programme Officers and NSS Volunteers and Govt decided to Constitute a Committee to finalise the State Level Awards as above said persons for their outstanding contribution in Community Services. Government of Telangana State; G.O.Rt.No.244 Higher Education (CE-NSS) Department Dated:15.09.2015.
1.G.O.Rt.No.31, HE (CE.NSS) Dept., dt.14.7.2014.
1. The National Service Scheme popularly known as NSS was launched on 24.9.1969 on the eve of late Sri Mahatma Gandhi Birth Centenary year with the aim of personality development of student Volunteers through Community Service.
2. First it was initiated in 37 Universities in the country with 40,000 Student Volunteers and now it has grown to 35 lakhs Volunteers in all most all the Universities and +2 level in the country.
3. The Volunteers take up regular activities like
(i) Environmental protection awareness,
(ii) Tree plantation, laying of gardens,
(iii)Laying of roads and road repairs, etc., and
Actively participate in the National Level Programmes like
(i) Republic Day Parade Camp,
(ii) National Integration Camps,
(iii) National Adventure Camps,
(iv)National Mega Camps and
(v) State Level Youth Festivals, Youth Leadership Training Programmes etc.
4. In the G.O. read above, Government have decided the number of Awards to be given to the Programme Coordinators, Programme Officers & NSS Volunteers as detailed below:
|1.||Best Programme Coordinator||01 No|
|2.||Best Programme Officers||06 Nos.|
|3.||Best Volunteers||09 Nos.|
5. Accordingly, the Government decided to Constitute a Committee to finalise the State Level Awards as above for their outstanding contribution in Community Services.
4. The Government hereby Constitute the Committee with the following members and the terms of the Committee shall be 2 years:
|1.||Principal Secretary to Govt.,||Chairperson|
|2.||Addl. / Joint Secretary to Govt.,||Member|
|3.||Regional Director, NSS Regional Directorate, GOI, Hyderabad.||Member|
|4.||Programme Coordinator (TOC),Osmania University, Hyderabad||Member|
|5.||State N.S.S. Officer, Higher Education Department, Secretariat, Hyderabad.||Member /Convener|
5. The State NSS Officer shall take necessary further action in the matter accordingly.
G.O.Rt.No.244 Higher Education (CE-NSS) Department Dated:15.09.2015