Review Meeting on Improving the DIETs, CTEs and IASEs Functional AspectsAs pr Rc.418, A Review meeting will be conducted by the DSE and Director with SCERT with the Principals of DIETs, CTEs and IASEs on 6th October, 2015 on Improving the functional aspects of Teacher Education Institutions (TEIs) i.e. DIETs, CTEs and IASEs. Proceedings Of The Director, S.C.E.R.T., Telangana, Hyderabad; Rc. No. 418/D/C&T/TSCERT/2015,Dated: 03.10.2015
SCERT, Telangana, Hyderabad - Improving the functional aspects of Teacher Education Institutions (TEIs) i.e. DIETs, CTEs and IASEs - Review meeting by the Director of School Education and Director, SCERT with the Principals of DIETs, CTEs and IASEs on 6th October, 2015 from 10.00 AM onwards at DIET, Karimnagar - Orders issued - Reg.
Visit of DIETs of Hyderabad and Nizamabad by the Director of School Education and discussion with the Principals, staff and students.
All the Principals of DIETs, CTEs and IASEs are hereby informed that the Director of School Education has visited the DIETs of Hyderabad and Nizamabad and interacted with staff and students and observed the campus, infrastructure facilities and functioning of labs, libraries, hostels etc.
Following are the observations:
1. Poor maintenance of DIET campus and no participation of students in keeping the campus clean and neat.
2. The libraries and laboratories are defunct from many days and no usage of these structures for quality training of students.
3. The computer labs are not being used though there is a subject on ICT in the D.El.Ed. syllabus.
4. Poor/ no maintenance of toilets.
5. The hostels are not being maintained properly. Unhygienic conditions both in rooms and dining halls.
6. About 80% of vacancies in the academic posts.
7. There is full staff members under non teaching category and their services are not being used properly.
8. There are certain funds accumulated over previous years for which orders of the Commissioner are required for utilization.
9. In-service training programmes from SSA and RMSA are not being organized by the Teacher Education Institutions and in their premises.
10. No field monitoring on the implementation of curricular and evaluation reforms.
11. It came to the notice of the Director of School Education that some of the staff members of TEIs are not regular to the institutions. No proper conduct of assembly and the staff feels that if they take their period that is enough without staying in the institution during the institution working hours.
12. No proper maintenance of children and teacher attendance.
In view of existing conditions and non-utilization of available facilities i.e. labs, library, computers etc., the training being offered is of poor quality and no justice is being done to the students joined in the pre-service teacher education courses. This impacts in the training of teachers to become teachers with proper perspective.
Therefore, it is proposed to conduct a review meeting at DIET Karimnagar on
6th October, 2015 at 10.00 AM onwards by the Director of School Education and Director, SCERT. The Principals are requested to attend the meeting along with one Lecturer. They are requested to prepare a detailed note on the existing position of the TEIs in terms of existing status of infrastructure; labs; libraries; computer labs; internet; Wi-fi; toilets and drinking water; classrooms; electricity facility; compound wall; hostels and its use; maintenance; staff position; their involvement in in-service training programmes under SSA, RMSA, SCERT etc.; no. of student enrolled; sections (year-wise and medium- wise); and requirements to make TEIs as effective resource cum training centres. They are also requested bring available funds under different schemes/ programmes in their institutions (scheme/ programme-wise funds available).
They are requested to prepare an action plan as how to make DIETs, CTEs, IASEs as resource cum training centres both for pre-service and in-service training programmes. How to make DIETs, CTEs, IASEs to conduct in-service training programmes in a residential way using existing hostels and as well as training halls. Further, the approximate requirement of funds to improve the DIETs, CTEs, IASEs to meet the requirements may also be furnished.
The Principal, DIET Karimnagar is requested to make necessary arrangements for the review meeting and arrange tea, snacks, working lunch, water, notebook and pen etc. The expenditure will be released from the SCERT to the DIET, Karimnagar. The actual TA will be paid to the participants from the SCERT. Therefore, all the TA bills and other bills of expenditure may be furnished to Director SCERT for releasing the funds.
The RJDSEs are also requested to attend the meeting. The Director, SCERT is requested to monitor the programme and take necessary further action in this regard.
Agenda for the meeting
Dated: 06-10-2015 at DIET, Karimnagar
|1||10.00 AM – 10.30 AM||Registration|
|2||10.30 AM – 11.30 AM||Inauguration and sharing of experiences and ideas by the Director of School Education|
|3||11.30 AM – 11.45 AM||Tea break|
|4||11.45 AM – 12.15 PM||Presentation by DIET on the programmes they have taken up.|
|5||12.15 PM – 01.30 PM||Item-wise review by the DSE and Director, SCERT with all the Principals of DIETs, CTEs, IASEs : 1. Infrastructure (toilets, drinking water, classrooms, compound wall, electricity etc.) 2. labs, library, computers and internet 3. hostels 4. Staff position including deputation staff, students enrolment, average attendance 5. Programmes/ innovations, ELTC/ DCE activities 6. Monitoring schools and school complexes 7. Material development 8. Additional duties if any 9. Accumulated funds available under different schemes and programmes 10. Activities initiated 11. Problems and issues|
|6||01.30 PM – 02.15 PM||Lunch break and DIET observation|
|7||02.15 PM – 03.30 PM||Continue the item-wise review|
|8||03.30 PM – 03.45 PM||Tea break|
|9||03.45 PM – 06.00 PM||Common issues and way forward – Presentation of action plan and way forward from each DIET/ CTE/ IASE.|