24th-25th NCSC State Level Science Project Competitions 2016-17National Children's Science Congress (NCSC) is a nationwide Science Communication programme started in the year 1993. It is a programme of National Council for Science and Technology Communication (NCSTC), Department of Science and Technology, Government of india organized nationally by NCSTC- Network, New Delhi. It is a forum children of the age-group of 10-17 years, both from formal school system as well as from out of school, to exhibit their creativity and innovativeness and more particularly their ability to solve a societal problem experienced locally using by method of science.
National Children Science Congress is going to held a National level Competition at any state as per schedule in December month. Start your work accordingly
Focal theme and Sub ThemesThe project competitions were being organized for students between 10 and 17 years of age and competitions will be held on the focal theme "Innovations in Science and Technology for sustainable Development" and
The Sub themes include
- Natural Resource Management
- Food and Agriculture
- Health, Hygiene & Nutrition.
- Lifestyles and Livelihoods
- Disaster Management
- Traditional Knowledge Systems.
Eligibility Criteria for Participants
1. This is a forum open to young scientists in the age group of 10-17 years as on December 31 of the calendar year. This event of NCSC is not restricted to the school-going children only but is also open for the non-school children from the marginalized sections of the society who can be involved as team members.
2. It is open for children in the age of 10 years to 14 years (lower age group) and from 14+ years to 17 years (upper age group) as on December 31 of the calendar year.
3. A group of children not exceeding five can do the project study under a guide teacher.
4. A child scientist, who had already presented as a Group Leader at the National Level in one age group can act as a co-worker in the subsequent year, in the same age group (lower / upper).
Parents, whose child would participate in the Children’s Science Congress in the ensuing year, should not hold any portfolio in the organizing committee of the CSC conducted at any level.
State level National Children’s Science Congress (NCSC)/State Level Science Project Competitions 2016-17 will be held as per schedule in November in any District.NCSC Projects Competitions Schedule:
Dsitrict Level: Warangal- 21st, October(Different dates in Various Districts)
State Level at Nadigaama, Medak- 10, 11 November
National Level at VVIT Baaramati, Maharashtra- 27 to 31 December, 2016