GO.42 Implementation of 3% Reservation in Promotions to Disabled/ PHC EmployeesGO.42 Implementation of 3% reservation in promotions to the disabled employees/ PHC Employees, Government Of Andhra Pradesh , G.O.Ms.No.42,Dept.For Women, Children, Disabled & Senior Citizens(Dw),Dt:19-10-2011.
Department for Women, Children, Disabled & Senior Citizens - Public Services - Providing reservation in promotions to the Differently Abled employees - Orders - Issued.
1. G.O.Ms.No.115 WD CW & L(WH-Desk) Dept, dt.30.7.1991.
2. G.O.Ms.No.145, WDCW&L (WH.Desk) Dept.dt.28-8-1992.
3. G.O.Ms.No.5 Social Welfare (SW:ROR.I) Dept. dt.14-02-2003
4. G.O.Ms.No.21 Social Welfare (SW:ROR.I) Dept.dt. 18-03-2003
5. From the Commissioner, Disabled Welfare Dept, Hyd Lr. No.S.II/867/2004, dated 05.08.2004 and 05.01.2006
6. G.O.Ms.No.23 Deptt. for Women, Children, Disabled & Sr.Citizens, dated 26-05-2011.
1. Orders have been issued in the G.O. 1st read above, duly providing trifurcation of the 3% reservation for each of the categories of disabled as mentioned there in.
2. Government, while taking into consideration the representations received for providing reservation in promotion in favour of disabled employees and the orders issued by Government of India vide O.M.No.36035/B.09-Estt.(SC.I), dated 20.11.1985, and as a measure of encouragement, hereby order implementation of 3% reservation in promotions to the disabled employees as follows:-
(i) Reservation in promotion in favour of disabled employees is applicable to all services of State Government where the cadre strength is more than five;
(ii) The existing 100-point roster already prescribed under Rule 22 of the Andhra Pradesh State and Subordinate Service Rules by the State Government shall be followed in case of promotions also i.e. 6th ,31st & 56th;
(iii) Reservation in promotion in favour of disabled employees shall be applicable to those candidates who are fully qualified and eligible to hold the post as per existing Rules and Guidelines;
(iv) Reservation shall be implemented in favour of disabled employees in promotions to all the categories of posts in all State Government services except those exempted or may be exempted or as may be modified in pursuance of orders issued in the reference 6th read above.
(v)(a) If any department considers that it is not possible to provide reservation in promotions for any category of Persons with Disabilities, keeping in view the nature of duties to be performed by the employees in that particular department, the department may seek partial or full exemption from such reservation in promotions, however such exemption or modification shall be decided by an Inter
Departmental Committee as specified in the G.O. 6 th read above;
(b) Departments who wish to seek exemptions may do so within (90)days from the date of issue of these orders during which period the Rule of Reservation shall not apply to such departments for the posts identified by them for exemption. The orders issued by the Committee thereafter shall be final and further action taken accordingly.
(vi) While preparing the panels of eligible candidates for promotion, the names of eligible disabled employees from the feeder category have to be shown against the roster points earmarked for them irrespective of their seniority position in the feeder category.
However, if a disabled employee gets higher place in the eligible candidates list by virtue of their seniority in the feeder category he/she need not be adjusted in a lower position, which is earmarked for a disabled employee as per the roster system. Such roster point has to be filled up by moving up a disabled employee who is below in the seniority list in the feeder category. Filling up the roster points shall continue until the required percentage of disabled candidates is obtained.
Once the required percentage is obtained by taking into account the candidate who are found in the list of the candidates fit for promotion on account of their seniority in the feeder category and those who are moved up to fill up the required roster point, further adjustment of disabled employees against the roster points has to be stopped. Unutilized roster points after the required disabled employee’s percentage is met shall lapse.
(vii) If required number of disabled employees is not available in the feeder category, the vacancies earmarked for disabled employees according to the roster will be carried forward as per orders issued from time to time as in case of Rule of reservation in promotion for SC/ST persons.
3. All Departments of Secretariat and Heads of Departments concerned are requested to issue necessary amendments to the A.P. State & Subordinate Service Rules 1996 and Spl. Rules of the respective Department wherever necessary for strict implementation of Rule of Reservation in promotions to the employees with disabilities in the State Government.
G.O.Ms.No.42,Dept.For Women,Children,Disabled& Senior Citizens(Dw),Dt:19-10-2011.