RIC Participation-Readership and Leadership Challenge for High Schools, Colleges#Read India Celebration Participation -Readership & Leadership Challenge for High Schools & Colleges: Proceedings of Director of School Education, Rc.No.1063/Plg.I/2015 Dated:04 .11.2015, Subject: School Education - Read India Celebration Participation. Readership & Leadership Challenge for all High Schools & Colleges in Hyderabad - Participation is free for all students - Reg
Reference: Representation of Raghuram Ananthoj Coordinator, Leading Self Team).
While enclosing a copy of representation received reference read above, all the District Educational Officers in the state are requested to give publicity and take necessary action in the matter.
Read India Celebration - Is not a competition but a grand stage to celebrate emerging leaders where every participant is a winner in their own way. it's about celebrating readership, leadership, diversity, learning, knowledge & teachers. It's an annual reading carnival for students (School & College i.e. +2, Inter, Arts, Commerce, Sciences, Sociology, Engineering, Medical, MBA, MCA etc.). Students can read the nominated book, books of their own choice, people, their own self, situations, "Mother Nature" and events in the history of their own choice to express their views & feelings on the selected topic. Launched on 23rd Sep, 2015 from GNITS, Engineering College for Woman, Shaikpet, Hyderabad.
1.No Entry Fee: Participation to Read India Celebration is free for all students (No entry fee).
2. Registrations: For registrations, email email@example.com
3. Key Dates: For registrations, email firstname.lastname@example.org Participation is free for all students (No entry fee). Registrations open till 10th January, 2016.
4. For more details, visit www.readindia.info
5. Topic for 2015 - Happiness, Success & Leadership
6. Age: Participant age cut-off limit for college students is 32 years of age.
Launched Read India with Read Hyderabad (2015) – Phase 1 of Read India
Selected Topic for the year 2015 – Happiness, Success & Leadership
1. Nominated book for the year 2015 - "The Everlasting Leader" (eBook can be downloaded by clicking on the "Download Free eBook" from the top right corner of www.readindia.info or www.leadingself.net ,FREE Android Mobile app / book by name "The Everlasting Leader" is also available in Google Play Store, the paper book can be brought from Asia Law House, email orders (email@example.com), Flikart.com, Amazon.in
2. Read India will be launched in the month of Sep, every year. Students can chose to read the nominated book, books of their own choice, people, Mother Nature, events of their own choice every year and write a 1 page summary on the topic in 30 mins at respective schools, colleges / dedicated centers in each cities during the month of Nov same year.
3. Top 5 - 8 participants will be selected from the one page reviews (which can be written in Telugu, Hindi & English) to represent in finals which will happen after a month (Jan / Feb of the following year).
4. Each finalist will be given 2 mins for self – intro and 5 – 10 mins to talk about the topic in front of the live audience followed by questions from a panel of judges.
5. Based on their 1 page review, speech & answers, the panel of judges (3-5 people) will celebrate the top 3 as winners, who will be awarded with 1st prize – Laptop, 2nd prize – Tablet, 3rd prize - Mini Tab.
5. Additional to 3 awards at Hyderabad level, top 3 narratives from each School / College will also get Medals provided 100 & above students participate from the respective Schools / Colleges
Registration & Participation procedure for school & college managements (Participation is free for all students (No entry fees):
1. Interested school & college managements will have to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject as School / College Registration to register school / college with Read India.
2. Read India team will send the rules and regulations of the contest and registration (5 digit numeric codes for colleges) & participation codes (6 digit numeric codes for the students) which students will have to write on top of the 1 page review. *No names should be written on the 1 page answer sheet.
3. Respective schools / colleges will have to make arrangements for their students to write the 1 page write-ups (30 mins) at their premises under the watch of Read India conveners who will collect all the answer sheets post write-up for evaluation.
5. Registration & Participation procedure for students (Participation is free for all students (No entry fees):
6. Interested students will have to send an email to email@example.com with subject as Student Registration.
7. Read India team will send contest details (which include center / location where they need to write the 1 page review), rules & regulations along with a participation code (6 digit numeric code) which they have to write on top of the 1 page review. *No names should be written on the 1 page answer sheet.
Objectives of Read India Celebration:
1. Make students read one new book every year other than academic subjects
2. Provide grooming ground for emerging leaders
3. Connect & engage students to discuss innovative ideas in resolving issues facing the country
This event is organized by team Leading Self (www.leadingself ref) with partners & sponsors under the guidance & mentorship of Dr. Ramancturrla Pradeep Kumar (Prof of Civil Eng. & Head, EERC,
Not all readers' may become leaders but all leaders are readers. Same is also the case with all successful people. All successful people are able good readers. The connection with reading, success & leading is well established beyond doubt. Reading need not be confined to books alone. The ability to read "Self" i.e. strengths, areas of improvement, gaps, situations. Mother Nature, other people and society etc. is a key element to success. A society where vast majority of students do not regularly read other than curriculum subjects cannot become a progressive society. A society which does not celebrate knowledge & teachers cannot grow & prosper. For any country to succeed, it needs quality leaders in qualify, which touch all aspects of the society.
#Read India Celebrations - Cadence & Rules:
- Read will be launched on Sep 23rd from GNITS, Hyderabad in 2015 for all students (both Schools & Colleges)
- Respective Schools / Colleges will have to register with Read India by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject as “School / College Registration”.
- Read India team will send the registration (5 digit numeric codes for School / Colleges) & participation codes (6 digit numeric codes for the students) which students will have to write on top of the 1 page answer sheet / summary / review. *No School / College codes, names should be written on the answer sheets.
- Read India will collect student School / College Name, ID / Roll No, Name & Phone number for internal communication purposes which will be kept confidential at all times.
- Students are required to write a 1 page summary (A4 size only; students can write the summary, reviews, views etc. in any of the following 3 languages i.e. Telugu, Hindi & English) in 30 mins on the topic in the month of Nov (Window for written will be open from Nov 1st thru Nov 29th , 2015. Respective Schools / Colleges are free to choose the date & time for the written as per their convenience.
- Respective School / College will have to inform Read India by sending an email to email@example.com 2 days prior to conducting the written. Written will happen under the watch of Read India Representatives who will then collect all the answer sheets.
- Respective School / Colleges will have to make arrangement for the students for the written test (*Written is screening only to select 10 finalists)
- No names of the either the students / institutions will be entertained on the written sheet. All sheets with names will be disqualified.
- Where Schools / Colleges are not participating, students can write to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject as “Student Registration” and Read India will send the participation code and center details where the written will be conducted.
- Best 10, one pagers (summaries / narratives / reviews / views etc.) will be selected as 10 finalists as part of the written screening. The results will be announced in Dec / Jan.
- In Jan, the grand leadership event for the 10 finalists will happen in front of live audience & a panel of judges. The place & time for the event will be communicated to the finalists & their respective Schools / Colleges.
- Each finalist will be given 2 mins for self – intro and 5 mins to talk about the topic in front of the live audience, judges followed by participants taking 3 questions each from the panel of judges.
- Based on the 1 page written, speech & answers to judges questions, the panel of judges (3 people) will celebrate the best 3 as winners, who will be awarded with 1st prize – Laptop, 2nd prize – Tablet, 3rd prize - Mini Tab.