Anveshana 2016 A Science and Engineering FairAnveshana 2016 A Science and Engineering Fair at Hyderabad in January 2016: Anveshana Program is structured around the following concept of "Mentoring": Mentoring is a process for the informal transmission of knowledge, social capital, and the psychosocial support perceived by the recipient as relevant to work, career, or professional development; mentoring entails informal communication, usually face-to-face and during a sustained period of time, between a person who is perceived to have greater relevant knowledge, wisdom, or experience (the mentor) and a person who is perceived to have less (the protégé)" (source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mentorship).
Anveshana is a Science & Engineering competition which will culminate in a Fair where the students will exhibit their projects/models. This Competition will primarily involve undergraduate Engineering students and underprivileged school going students where the students together will follow philosophies and practices of hands-on learning, research orientation, to make models based on Engineering-Science concepts. The Engineering Students will mentor school students in the creation of models while inducing knowledge and confidence in them.
Engineering colleges will participate as teams with 2 members. The teams will select 2 students from nearby underprivileged schools (Govt. and Govt. aided schools) to mentor them to design and build models or projects around an identified social problem. The school students thus will be exposed to entire planning, designing and building process of the models and in turn will get educated in the scientific and engineering concepts behind the models in Anveshana.
Objectives of Anveshana:
- To develop innovation and creativity among students from engineering colleges and nearby disadvantaged schools in Hyderabad.
- To facilitate process of mentoring between engineering students and school students while they plan, design and make the models together.
- To Bridge the knowledge gap between school and higher education through integration of ideas and learned concepts.
- To develop new models and TLM's using Engineering skills, which can be used in the future by Agastya Team while they teach children and teachers among the disadvantaged sections of the society.
- Initial Screening of Engineering College Teams: Concept synopses based on social problems and related Engineering solutions are invited from engineering college teams for pre-screening by the jury
- Screening, selection of Synopsis and identifying mentees: Once selected the teams were asked to contact local schools with underprivileged status and to form school student teams to plan, design and make the models, while collaborating and mentoring the high school students
- Model Creation and Quality Check by Agastya team: Students will create knowledge networks between them, their peers and with external resource persons to create conceptual and methodological framework to create the models. Here, Agastya teams along with assigned senior resource persons (senior educators, engineers etc.) will visit the colleges to assist the teams conceptually and in the making of the models while providing inputs including scientific and technological inputs. One of the main reasons for these visits is to assure the quality of the collaboration and teaching-mentoring-learning outcomes
- Conceptual - Technological advice from Agastya: Agastya will also help the teams to establish links between prominent institutions like Indian Institute of Science, Institution of Engineers, Indian Institute Technology etc. – in case they need any technological or conceptual inputs
- Anveshana Fair begins: The models thus made will be exhibited in Anveshana Engineering fair where the teams would be presenting the same in front of an expert Jury for Judgement. During the fair, students display their research projects, working models and present their findings orally and through written journals to the Jury (mostly a team of scientists and educators). The judging process involves series of interactions on the concepts, methodology and objectives of the projects done by the students
- Delegates attending the fair: After the judging process students from various schools and delegates representing various institutions are also expected to attend the fair. Delegates attending the event will include scientists and educators from large number of institutions across Hyderabad and Karnataka
- Prizes will be awarded at a valedictory function – towards the end of the fair Expected Outcomes
100 ideas – generated:
- Expected to create ideas for over 100 models of which about 40 would be short listed for final prototyping and evaluation
- 200 School Students will undergo direct training in model making thus improving their design, conceptualizing and leadership skills. In addition will receive training in soft skills viz. Team Work, Communication, thus improving their confidence levels
- 200 Engineering Students from among 100 Engineering Colleges will undergo direct training in model making thus improving their design, conceptualizing, mentoring and leadership skills
- 1000 School Students will get exposure to model making concepts thus while understanding the linkages between concepts learned in the classroom , associated learning methodologies and aspects of model making
- 200 Engineering Students from different colleges will get exposure to the models and will participate in discussions
- Participating students will imbibe questioning spirit and receive research orientation
- Increased social awareness among engineering students as they are gearing up towards professional life
- Cross pollination of information, knowledge and experience between school education and collegiate education
Anveshana 2016 - A Science and Engineering Fair at Hyderabad in January 2016: Rc.No.656/Pig.1/2014 Dated:08.12.2015; School Education - Anveshana - 2016 (Hyderatad) - A Science and Engineering Fair, planned by Agastya International Foundation - Reg. Ref: Representation of Sri. Krishnan Sr. Manager., Agastya International Foundation, 101,First Floor,Varsav Plaza, No.12, JzTa Mahal Road, Bangalore - 560046.
While enclosing a copy of reference read above, the District Educational Officers Hyderabad, Ranga Reddy, Medak, Nizambad and Regional joint Directors of School Education Hyderabad are requested to extend their co-operation to conduct the Anveshana 2016 - A Science and Engineering Fair at Hyderabad in January 2016.
Anveshana-2016 (Hyderabad)-A Science and Engineering Fair:
Commissioner & Director of School Education, Government of Telangana. Respected Sir, Subject: Anveshana-2016 (Hyderabad) - A Science and Engineering Fair, planned by Agastya International Foundation. Anveshana 2016 - A Science and Engineering Fair Hyderabad, is planned by Agastya as a platform where engineering students collaborate and mentor Govt. high school students while creating innovative models to address real life problems. The selected projects will be showcased and judged at Anveshana 2016 (Hyderabad) a Fair in a 2016 and prizes will be awarded for the winners. Anveshana suppors Govt. School students in the development of their creativity, innovation, co-operative learning, and scientific temper. The entire programme is given at no cost to the Children and the Government. Kindly see the attached write-ups on Anveshana and "Agastya.
We are proud to inform you that Agastya has a successful track record of organizing Anveshana last year in Hyderabad and in Bangalore for last three years in a row in collaboration with Dept, of Education, Karnataka and SSA. The responses from engineering colleges and Govt. schools across Hyderabad and Karnataka have been extraordinary so far, encouraging us to plan another Anveshana-2016 in Hyderabad
Anveshana - 2016 (Hyderabad) is being organized in Telangana and Andhra Pradesh, supported by Synopsys, India (Corporate Sponsor). The mentoring being done on school students will be strictly clone under the supervision of the school teachers and only during school hours, where the school teachers a -€ asked to accompany school students incase if the students need to visit the engineering college laboratory. Two to three children per school will be mentored on Saturday's over a period of one to two months till the competition is held. In this regard we would request you to give us a letter of support and permission with provision of TA & DA to the participating students and teachers(if they have to travel) for this initiative mentioning the importance of learning through experimentation addressing the student community in schools and colleges in the state. About 12 Govt. schools are listed in the page attached. Also, we request you to kindly advise your office to inform the concerned officials. We look forward to your positive response in making the event a grand success. Thanking you P.Krishnan Sr.Manager.
Anveshana 2016 Theme Innovation For Sustainability & Development
Anveshana 2016 Theme Innovation For Sustainability & Development