Mandal Level Sanitation Committee Roles and FunctionsMandal Level Sanitation Committee Roles and Functions/MRC Level Sanitation Committee Roles and Functions: Government of Tealgnana State, School Education Department monitoring mechanism developed for maintenance of toilets in hygienic conditions and providing drinking water facility to all Schools in Telangana State and the department has constituted the Committees at State, District, Mandal and Village Level for monitoring of the Scheme and maintenance of toilets and drinking water facility in the schools of Telangana State. The Mandal Level Committee and its Roles and Functions as follows as per the Action Plan submitted to the Hon’ble Supreme Court in the Contempt Petition (Civil) No.532/2013 in WP (Civil) No. 631/2004 filed by J.K.Raju,
Mandal Level Committee:
Mandal Parishad President - Chairperson
Zilla Parishad Territorial Constituency Member - Co Chairperson
Mandal Education Officer - Convenor
Mandal Parishad Development Officer - Member
(2) SMCs Chairpersons - Members
(2) Head Masters - Members
(2) Representatives of Civil Society - 2 Members
Assistant Engineer (RWS) - Member
Mandal Level Committee Roles and Functions
Roles and Functions of Mandal Level Committee are as follows:
The Mandal Level Committee will meet bi-monthly and monitor/review and coordinate the following activities:-
1. Develop Mandal Annual Action Plan on School Sanitation by integrating the targets, plans and funds of SSA, RMSA, Municipal Administration Department, RWS&S and other line Departments and also include drinking water, power supply, construction of kitchen sheds & compound walls in the School apart from the implementation of Haritha Haaram Programme.
2. Review the progress of implementation of Mandal Annual Action Plan on School Sanitation and other facilities mentioned above.
3. Identify the bottle necks and villages which are lagging behind and issue special instructions and orders to the School Headmasters concerned and departments concerned for expediting the implementation of the Action Plans.
4. Build coordination, convergence between all the line departments for smooth and quality implementation of Mandal Level Action Plans.
5. Undertake joint field visits to the Mandal to monitor the functioning of school sanitation facilities and other facilities.
6. Take appropriate action against vandalism of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) and other facilities in the schools through School Management Committees
7. Ensure timely release of funds for school sanitation and other issues and review their expenditure on monthly basis.
8. Identify special steps needed including innovations to ensure functional toilets and other facilities in all the Schools in the Mandal.
9. Analyse and take policy and programme decisions based on the helpline calls received from school children on school sanitation and other issues.
10. Plan and obtain liberal private and Civil Society Organizations Partnership in improving the school sanitation and other facilities in all the villages.
11. Implement the School Sanitation Awards Scheme in the Mandal.
12. Organise field exposure visits to other Mandals to learn and share good and innovative models being implemented on school sanitation and other issues including their documentation.
13. The Convener, Mandal Level Committee should communicate the details of the implementation of Mandal School Sanitation Programme and other facilities in specified format to the Convener of the District Level School Sanitation Committee on monthly basis in the specified proforma
Village Level Sanitation Committee Roles and Functions
Mandal Level Sanitation Committee Roles and Functions
District Level Sanitation Committee Roles and Functions
State Level Sanitation Committee Roles and Functions