Village/School Level Sanitation Committee Roles and FunctionsVillage Level Sanitation Committee Roles and Functions/School Level Sanitation Committee Roles and Functions: Government of Tealgnana State, School Education Department monitoring mechanism developed for maintenance of toilets in hygienic conditions and providing drinking water facility to all Schools in Telangana State and the department has constituted the Committees at State, District, Mandal and Village Level for monitoring of the Scheme and maintenance of toilets and drinking water facility in the schools of Telangana State. The Village Level Committee and its Roles and Functions as follows as per the Action Plan submitted to the Hon’ble Supreme Court in the Contempt Petition (Civil) No.532/2013 in WP (Civil) No. 631/2004 filed by J.K.Raju,
Village Level Committee:
- Sarpanch - Chairperson
- Mandal Parishad Territorial Constituency Member - Vice Chairperson
- Head Master of the School - Convenor
- School Monitoring Committee Chairperson - Member
- Women Self Help Group - Member
- A.N.M. - Member
- Anganwadi Worker- Member
- 2 Representative of Civil Society- Members
Roles and Functions of Village Level Committee are as follows:
The Village Level Committee will meet every month and monitor/review and coordinate on the following activities:
1. Review the present status of running water to school toilets separately for boys and girls and drinking water facility in the school apart from availability of power supply, construction of kitchen sheds and compound walls and implement action of Haritha Haaram programme.
2. Identify the bottle necks, issues if any and bring to the notice of the Mandal Level Committee as and when the issue is noticed for immediately resolving of the issue.
3. Give proper training to the children in maintaining of hygienic conditions in and around the school toilets.
4. Take appropriate action against vandalism of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) and other facilities in the schools through School Management Committees.
5. Ensure timely payment to the concerned and review the expenditure on monthly basis.
6. Identify special steps needed including innovations to ensure functional toilets in the school.
7. Plan and obtain liberal private and Civil Society Organizations Partnership in improving the school sanitation and other facilities.
8. The Convener, Village Level Committee should communicate the details of the implementation of Village School Sanitation programme and other facilities in a specified format to the Convener of the Mandal Level Committee on monthly basis in the specified proforma. Sanitation Committee Proforma Download
TELANGANA SARVA SHIKSHA ABHIYAN
FORMATION OF SANITATION COMMITTEES DETAILS
|SL. NO.||NAME OF THE MANDAL||NAME OF THE SCHOOL||SARPANCH||MPTC||HEAD MASTER||SMC||ANM||ANGANWADI||SHG||PARENTS||HEADMASTER CELL NUMBER||REMARKS|
Mandal Level Sanitation Committee Roles and Functions
District Level Sanitation Committee Roles and Functions
State Level Sanitation Committee Roles and Functions