State Level Sanitation Committee Roles and FunctionsState Level Sanitation Committee Roles and Functions: Government of Tealgnana State, School Education Department monitoring mechanism developed for maintenance of toilets in hygienic conditions and providing drinking water facility to all Schools in Telangana State and the department has constituted the Committees at State, District, Mandal and Village Level for monitoring of the Scheme and maintenance of toilets and drinking water facility in the schools of Telangana State. The State Level Committee and its Roles and Functions as follows as per the Action Plan submitted to the Hon’ble Supreme Court in the Contempt Petition (Civil) No.532/2013 in WP (Civil) No. 631/2004 filed by J.K.Raju,
State Level Committee:
Minister of Education - Chairperson
Principal Secretary/Secretary(E) to Government - Vice Chairperson
Commissioner & Director of School Education - Convenor
State Project Director (SSA) - Member
Chief Engineer(RWS) - Member
(2) Representatives of Civil Society - Members.
Chief Engineer,Telangana Education Welfare Infrastructure Development Corporation (TEWIDC) - Member
Superintending Engineer (SSA) - Member
Chief Engineer (Public Health) - Member
State Level Committee Roles and Functions
Roles and Functions of State Level Committee are as follows:
The Committee constituted at the State level will meet once in 6 months and monitor / review and coordinate the following activities:
1. Develop State Annual Action Plan on School Sanitation by integrating the targets and plans of SSA, RMSA, Municipal Administration Department, RWS&S and other line departments and also include drinking water, power supply, construction of kitchen sheds & compound walls in the School apart from the implementation of Haritha Haaram Programme.
2. Review the progress of implementation of State Annual Action Plan on School Sanitation and other facilities in all the districts including financial expenditures and releases.
3. Identify the bottle necks and Districts lagging behind and issue special instructions and orders to the District Collectors and Departments concerned for expediting the implementation of the District Action Plans on school sanitation and other facilities.
4. Build coordination, convergence between all the line departments for smooth and quality implementation of State and District level Action Plans on school sanitation and other facilities.
5. Undertake joint field visits to the districts to monitor the functioning of School Sanitation and other facilities in the districts.
6. Ensure smooth and timely disbursement of funds to all the districts for school sanitation and other issues and review their expenditures.
7. Identify special steps needed including innovations to ensure functional toilets and other facilities in all the schools in the State.
8. Analyse and take policy and programme decisions based on the helpline calls received from the school children on school sanitation and other issues.
9. Plan and obtain liberal private and Civil Society Organizations’ Partnership in improving the school sanitation and other facilities in all the districts.
10. Monitor the Implementation of the School Sanitation Awards Scheme in all the Districts by guiding the District Award Committees.
11. Organise field exposure visits to Districts / other States to learn and share good and innovative models being implemented on school sanitation and other issues including their documentation.
Village Level Sanitation Committee Roles and Functions
Mandal Level Sanitation Committee Roles and Functions
District Level Sanitation Committee Roles and Functions
State Level Sanitation Committee Roles and Functions