International Conference 2016 on Developing Thinking and Learning with ICT in OUInternational Conference at Department of Education in Osmania University: International Conference would be conducted on Developing Thinking and Learning with ICT for Changing Education for Future Needs from May 29th-30th, 2016 at Department of Education, OU. Call for Papers: Original papers (preferably research based) are invited from the Academicians, Lecturers, Teachers, Research Scholars, and Policy Makers & Practitioners working in the field of ICT. About the Conference: ICT in education is the key to unlocking the skills and knowledge of our future generations of young people. It is the tool for learning for the 21st century.
Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs) are information handling tools that are used to produce, store and process, distribute and exchange information. These different tools are now able to work together and combined to form networked world which reaches and brings education into every corner of the globe. The idea is that teaching and learning can successfully take place through the application of electronic communication facilities between teachers and students. It is important to realize the 21st century classrooms demands and students aspirations. We need to bring learning to people instead of people to learning. In order to make it possible, teachers should empower digitally by developing their thinking on emerging trends in education. This will meet the future needs of our Education System.
Osmania University: The Osmania University, established in 1918, is the seventh oldest in the country, third oldest in South India and the first to be established in the princely state of Hyderabad.
Department of Education: The Osmania University Training College came into existence and started functioning with effect from 31/08/1928. At that time B.T. Degree was awarded after successful completion of the programme. In 1947, the college was shifted to the University campus and was renamed as University College of Education. Under the centrally sponsored scheme, to strengthen and reorganize teacher education, a number of teacher education institutions were upgraded to CTE, and a few into IASE centers of excellence, research and innovations. Accordingly the University college of Education, Osmania University was upgraded to the status of IASE during the year 1996-97. According to the norms of MHRD, Govt. of India, this Department is renamed as Institute of Advanced Study in Education (IASE). Faculty of Education, Department of Education, Centre for In-service Teacher Education are placed in the IASE campus.
Objectives of the Conference:
1. To create awareness in effective use of ICT for effective teaching and learning.
2. To discuss ICT in teaching/learning issues and promote excellent pedagogical practices in education.
3. To exchange views and ideas on current education practices of ICT based education around the globe.
4. To become an important platform for intellectual information-sharing among academicians, researchers, policy makers, educators and other professional practitioners in the education sphere.
Sub theme of the Conference:
1. Usage of ICT in school education: Needs and aspirations
2. ICT in higher education: perspectives and prospectus
3. Methodological and didactical aspects of teaching and using ICT
4. Professional training and lifelong learning using ICT
5. ICT integrated teacher education and research
6. ICT effective management in Educational environment : Innovative approaches and practices
7. Quality in education: Developing thinking and learning with ICT
8. Integrating ICT into various disciplines and diversified pathways: Arts, social sciences, natural sciences, Engineering, Medicine, Management, and Commerce.
9. Role of ICT in promoting value based
10. ICT in education: Balance between theory and practice in curriculum design
11. ICT: e-learning, pedagogical practices,
curriculum development issues,
12. Public private partnership models for strengthening ICT enabled education
13. Emerging ICT tools for teaching learning and assessment: Digital libraries, multimedia, mobile learning, free and open source software and social media,
14. ICT as a prominent tool in improving
open and distance learning
15. New and Innovative teaching learning technologies and educational reforms,
16. MOOCs and its usage.
17. E-Portfolios in Teaching and Learning.
18. Challenges of ICT enabled learning and inclusion
Guidelines for Author
The Abstract for the presentation should be approximately 250 words followed with minimum 3 keywords and full length paper about 2500 words.
Margins: 1 Top, Bottom, Right & 1.25 Left
Font and font size: Times New Roman -12
Reference: APA style Line spacing: 1.5
Title of the paper: 12 Bold with centre alignment, followed by Author/s name, designation, affiliated Institute address, Email id & Phone no to the right.
1. Faculty / Lecturers Rs. 1400
2. Research Scholars / Students Rs. 1000
Registration fee include lunch, Conference Kit and only after the acceptance of registration fee. In case there is a joint paper, both participants have to register separately and both have to make it convenient to attend the conference and make a joint presentation. No spot registration will be allowed. No TA/DA will be paid to the participants.
Mode of Payment: The registration fees must be paid in the form of DD in favor of Conference on ICT 2016, payable at Hyderabad. Registration form along with Demand Draft has to be send to the following address:
International Conference on ICT 2016
Department of Education, IASE,
Osmania University, Hyderabad
Papers should be sent to email@example.com
1. Abstract submission: 15.03.2016
2. Notification to the authors: 20.03.2016
3. Full Paper submission: 15.04.2016
4. Last date of Registration: 01.05.2016
International Conference 2016 on Developing Thinking and Learning with ICT in OU