School Complex in ITDAs and Guidelines on organization, FunctioningSchool Complex in ITDAs and Guidelines on Organization,Functioning and Monitoring Complexes: Government issued the guidelines for construction of School Complexes in ITDAs. School Complex Objectives, Constitution and Location of School Complex, Functions of School Complex Administrator Functions,School Complex Resource Persons(SCRPs), Academic improvement functions, School Environment improvement functions, Community Mobilization functions, Project Monitoring and Resource Center(PMRC) details are given.
Guidelines on organization, Functioning and Monitoring Complexes:
OBJECTIVES OF SCHOOL COMPLEX:
1. Improve educational standards and administrative efficiency, of ,Schools functioning in the area of the School Complex.
2. Facilitate supportive supervision to the teachers working in the schools under the School Complex for improving the efficiency of the teachers.
3. Organize regular in-service training to the teachers to improve their competency.
4. Develop appropriate methodologies for effective teaching aimed at higher enrolment and retention of tribal children.
5. Ensure comprehensive planning base don systematic survey habitations and ensuring that the children do not drop out the school by working out vertical linkages between the various Institutions and ensuring a smooth system of feeder institutions.
6. Close monitoring of the performance of the students at the pre-matric stage.
7. Conducting surveys for identifying School-less habitations and taking steps to open schools in such habitations.
8. Creating awareness among villagers about education and encouraging them to participate in the day to day administration of Village I Community School.
9. Organizing training programmes for other community based functionaries such as VTDA functionaries, Community Health Workers (CHWs), Liaison Workers etc.
CONSTITUTION AND LOCATION OF SCHOOL COMPLEX:
1. A School Complex shall ordinarily consist of about 30 to 40 schools including the schools under the management of ITDA, GVVKs, Maabadis, Panchayat Raj, Government, Aided and other Schools functioning in the Tribal Sub-Plan area.
2. The School Complexes should be opened in the mandals having more than 50% TSP villages but restricting the number of Schools' under one School Complex to 30 Schools.
3. The Project Officer, ITDA shall prepare a map including all the Schools coming under the School Complex so that the schools are easily accessible from the School Complex and as far as possible the School Complex is located centrally.
4. The School Complex should be preferably located in a place, which is connected by all weather road and accessible by bus and is preferably having a PHC or close to a PHC.
5. There should be enough land for taking up further construction of buildings and also to hold gatherings of people in the School Complex Premises.
6. The School Complex shall have electricity facility and also adequate supply of drinking water for the students and also for an additional strength of about 100 others who may be visiting the School Complex for training purpose.
7. Each School Complex will be provided with the equipment and material as shown at annexure I.
FUNCTION OF THE SCHOOL COMPLEX ADMINISTRATOR:
1. Organizing Kalajathas on Education, Health, Nutrition and other related topics once in a year as per the instructions of the Project Officer, ITDA.
2. Conducting annual survey of the Children in the School-going age group of 5-14 years as per the guidelines given at annexure II and ensuring that a specific school is identified and tied up for each student to pursue education as per the instructions given by the Government in this regard from time to time. The Project Officer, ITDA will issue necessary guidelines, supply formats and registers for the purpose of Surveys every year.
3. Working out a system of identifying dropouts and taking steps to bring them back to school.
4. Arranging for payment of salaries of the teachers of GVVKs and Community Schools (Maabadis).
5. Organizing two-day orientation training programme for all teachers of primary schools, GVVKs and Community Schools every month.
6. Organizing training programmes for the office hearers of VTDA, CHWs Liaison workers etc. as per the instructions of the Project Officer, ITDA.
7. Proper upkeep and maintenance of the equipment and material of the School Complex.
8. Any other work entrusted by the Project Officer, ITDA or by the Govt.
FUNCTIONS OF THE SCHOOL COMPLEX RESOURCE PERSONS (SCRPS)
The Job content of the School Complex Resource Person consist of:
a) Academic improvement functions
b) School Environment improvement functions
c) Community Mobilization functions
a) Academic improvement functions:
A. SCRP shall visit the Primary Schools in his area at the rate of one school per day and ensure 100% coverage of all schools in his area in order to provide on job I on-site guidance to the teachers to ensure a qualitative teaching - learning process in the class rooms.
B. Extending guidance for a duration of 120 minutes duration per visit by:
- Observing the class room practices and identifying the strengths and short comings.
- Taking up a model lesson in order to propose the ideal options to the class room specific the teacher and the school visited by him on that particular day of visit.
- Taking up demonstration lessons in the School Complex Review Meetings keeping in view the general requirements of the teacher in his area.
C. Furnishing a detailed report on the observations to the School Complex Administrator so that necessary job improvement programs can be taken up by the School Complex.
D. Reporting on the Progress of Minimum Academic Programme (MAP) in all Primary Schools.
- Coverage of syllabus as per annual action plan of curricular activity.
- Continuous comprehensive evaluation through monthly and terminal exams
- Identification of slow learners and special coaching for them.
- Maintaining Parallel Attendance Monitoring and reports of irregular students should submit to the Addl. Project Co-Ordinator.
- Assist. MEO in School Grading and works for the progress.
- Observes ECE I ALS I Back to Schools and giving suggestions, take active part in community mobilization.
b) School Environment improvement functions:
Interaction with teacher and community for a duration of 60 minutes per visit for:
- Reporting on 100% enrolment through enrolment drives and Kalajathas.
- Reporting on participation of children due to timely supply of incentive, inputs and conversion of raw rice in to cooked food.
- Reporting on School Beautification, Cleanliness of the surroundings, development of school infrastructure.
- Reporting on School Health checkup.
c) Community Mobilization functions:
While visiting the habitations in his jurisdiction, the SCRP shall collect the following reports.
- Report on the functioning of School Education Committee/ VTDAs I Thrift Groups / VSS.
- Report on the functioning of CHWs.
- To report on the Utilization I Maintenance of identified community structures of the VTDA.
PROJECT MONITORING & RESOURCE CENTER (PMRC)
1. Each I.T.D.A shaf have one PRC located at the I.T.D.A head quarters.
2. The PRC will be headed by the Agency D.E.O/ Agency Dy.D.E.O.
3. The D.E.O/Dy,D.E.O will be assisted by one administrative officer (ADO), one academic officer(ACO) and one training officer (TRO). In the academic and training functions are to be looked after by an academic-cum-training officer.
4. The above positions will be filled by senior panel grade head masters taken on deputation by selection through a committee consisting of P.O, RDO I Sub-Collector, DO I APO and D.E.O I Dy.D.E.O. In case panel grade masters are not available, senior assistants with at least 10 years' experience or Post Graduate Teachers with at least 5 years
5. experience may also be selected for this purpose. The vacancies arising due to such deputation will be filled with contract teachers to be engaged by the l.T.D.A.