Guidelines for Implementation of Vocational education courses in TS Model SchoolsGuidelines for Implementation of Vocational education courses in TS Model Schools/ Vocational Education courses started in 20 TS Model Schools/ List of Telangana Model Schools/Guidelines for Implementation of Vocational Education Courses in Model Schools: TS DSE Ex-Officio PD RMSA has given guidelines to the Principals of Model Schools through Rc.No.22 on 05.03.2016 for implementation of Vocational Education in 20 Model Schools 2015-16. DSE inform that, the 5 Vocational Education Training Partners have selected the Vocational Trainers (teachers) after conducting examination and interviews. The implementation of Vocational Education in selected 20 Model Schools to be taken up from January 2016. The detailed list link given here. Accordingly as per the orders of Director of School Education and Ex-Officio Project Director, RMSA class room instructions has been started from 20.01.2016. in this connection detailed guidelines for implementing the vocational education need to be given to the Principals of Model Schools. The guidelines are as follows:
Guidelines for Principals of Model Schools for Implementing the vocational education:
1. Each trade has a dedicated vocational teacher who conducts 12 hrs classes per week
3. 2-practical @2 hrs per day.
4. Each trades has laboratories cum classrooms .
5. The exam pattern is semester wise and decision has been taken to change into annual pattern from 2016.
6. Each trade is assessed for 100 marks.
7. 30- theory
10. Ensure that the entire vocational content designed is delivered in the classroom within the stipulated time. Ensure quality parameters are met.
11. Ensure conduction of internal assessments of students on a weekly/ monthly basis as per the assessment pattern set up for the domain.
12. Inviting and organising guest lecturers from domain related experts working in industry.
13. Conduct the domain specific Industry / Field Visit as per the guidelines.
1. Procure the equipment, raw material for laboratory / work shop through SMDC following the procedures laid down in the RMSA Financial Manual.
2. Principal shall allot sector wise 2 periods a day to the Vocational Teacher duly making necessary provision in the school time table.
3. Expenses for the annual maintenance for the same will be incurred by SMDC as per the provisions of the scheme. Assistance will be provided by the VTP for setting up the laboratory in their respective allocated schools.
4. Vocational teachers’ honorarium should be paid based on the attendance. Vocational teachers can avail only 16 days casual leave (not more than two days in a month) in the academic with the prior approval of the Head of the school concerned.
5. Maternity / Paternity leave provision will be taken by the VTP. In such case of a teacher proceeding on Maternity / Paternity leave VTP has to make alternate arrangement.
6. If any Vocational teacher is absent for more than continue seven (7) working days without intimation or ten (10) working days with intimation (a copy of the leave application should be sent to the RMSA through Head of the school concerned), RMSA will impose a penalty on concerned VTP. If any such violation is reported twice in a year, he is liable for discharge from services.
7. If any Vocational Trainer is not found suitable up to the satisfaction of the RMSA (Principal & students of the concerned school), for up to two months the concerned VTP will immediately terminate the services of the said Vocational trainer and provide the substitute within ten calendar days.
8. Principal of the school has to report the joining of the Vocational Teacher to the RMSA Head Office and maintain separate attendance register, portfolio of each teacher.
9. Similarly separate attendance register for sector wise, class wise shall be maintained by the Principal of Model School.
10. In each trade precaution has to be taken for minimum enrolment of 25 students.
11. Separate cash book stock register, attendance register for students & teachers, leave register for Vocational Teacher have to be maintained.
12. Principals have to obtain willingness of the students for joining in to specific trade of vocational education in prescribed format.
III. Duties and Responsibilities of Vocational Trainer (VT):
1. Conduct Theory and Practical Classes as per the syllabus.
2. Closely work with Principal of the school on timetable adjustments and other NSQF Project activities i.e. field visits / guest lectures, internships, lab setup, training, placement and meetings.
3. Follow the instructions and perform responsibilities entrusted by the Head of the school from time to time.
4. Maintenance of records and send periodical reports / class activities in consultation with Head of the school and ensure to update in MIS (Management Information System)
5. Strengthening network and inviting Industrial experts for guest lectures.
6. Ensure lab is in good working condition.
7. Maintain Daily dairy giving details of lesson plan and work done which needs to be counter signed by the Head of the school
8. Ensure all the students create and maintain the Students Portfolio.
9. Submit Weekly progress report on every Saturday to RMSA.
10. Conduct internal examination as per the norms.
11. Maintain all relevant documentation of the project in the school
12. Conducting soft skill training including preparing the Students for work as per the industry requirement
13. Apart from the designated vocational education work he/she shall attend the works whatever assigned by the Principal of the Model School concerned.
14. Vocational teacher need to maintain a separate pupil attendance register, staff attendance register, stock register, internal assessment report, record of field visits, records of guest lecturers and hands on experience and portfolios of field visits, guest lecturers and industrial visit.
15. Vocational teacher has to send a weekly report to District coordinators.
16. Vocational Teacher to have close liaison with the Industry and to plan such visits. Once a contact is established with the Industry relevant to the subject being taught, the vocational Coordinator along with vocational teacher would plan visit in consultation with Head of the school.
17. Vocational Teacher must visit the place of visit prior to the actual visit of the students
18. Choose to take the students preferable during the non-peak business hours.
19. The staff at the organization to be visited must spend time with the students.
20. The staff of the organization should brief the students about their organization, business, operations, etc.
21. Each School should organize these visits as per the following plan:-
Minimum 3 Industry visit in one Academic Year
1. 1st Industry Visit: After completion of unit 1, 2
2. 2nd Industry Visit: After completion of unit 3, 4
3. 3rd Industry Visit: After completion of course content - Level-I
22. Once a proposal is finalized, the same is to be submitted to the RMSA through email. The proposal should contain the following details:-
i. Plan(s) identified for such a visit.
ii. Students opted the course should be the part of visit.
iii. VTs along with one more school staff must accompany the students. In case there are girls students too and the VT and the other teacher from the same school both of them happen to be male, a lady teacher from the same school should accompany the girl students in addition to VT.
iv. The visits are to be so planned that the students are back to the school preferably during the school hours, safely.
v. Proper bills/ voucher have to be maintained and submitted along with the invoices to RMSA about the field trip.
vi. Attendance copy of the students should be the part of the record.
vii. Each proposal for such visit/ visits should include the financial implications and the date of visit with place(s) to be visited. The financial implications should include hiring of bus charges, viz-a-viz the funds available under this component. The visit is to be conducted by hiring State Road Transport buses. In case of non-availability of such buses, buses from private registered operator scan be hired on competitive rates with prior approval from RMSA.
viii. The field trip should be planned according to the syllabus and the lesson plans planned by the teacher. So that the students can relate their learning's with the ground realities
ix. The VT should inform about the trip a week in advance to the students and discuss in detail the purpose and the place of visit so that the parents of the students be informed in advance and be taken in to confidence by laying emphasis that such visits are essential part of course and are to the benefit of their children.
23. It shall be the responsibility of the VTs in regard to security of the children. The head of the school should supervise all the arrangements and should remain present in the institution till the students return and join their parents.
24. Ensure schools wear the school uniforms, carry, ID card, their note books and pen/ pencil to make notes.
25. The head of the school must send complete report of such visits along with photographs by email to the RMSA.
26. Vocational Trainers will coordinate with Head of the schools for community mobilization in selected schools. They shall support the School Head of the school for awareness among the students, parents, teachers and community for the vocational Education. They shall also support school Head of the school for guidance and counselling services to the students as and when required.
27. Preservation of lab/ Workshop and its equipment.
28. Arrange students stationary as and when required in the schools for Making chart, Project work, etc.
29. Assisting in Assessment & Certification.
30. For 9th class i.e. level – 1 (L1), Internal assessment done by the Principals under the supervision of State Head Office.
31. For 10th class i.e. Level-1 (L2) assessment by the Board of Secondary Education.
32. For XIth and XIIth class i.e. Level-3 & 4 (L3 & L4) assessment by Board of Intermediate, Telangana.
33. Practical examinations are conducted under supervision of NSDC, New Delhi.
34. 9th class students will go to Level-2 on the successful completion of Level-1.
Attaching the students with the organizations in the summer holidays:
35. Principals has to attach the students with the organisations of their trades with the help of the Co-ordinators and Trainers for a period of two weeks from April 25th to May 9th for hands on experience.
36. Monitoring by the Principals on weekly basis
37. Internship observation note book should be maintained by the students in which day to day activities have to be recorded.
38. At the end of the internship, obtain the certificate of attendance from the concerned organization.
39. Select the organization situated near to the school.
1. Name of the School :
2. Name of the student :
3. Class & Section :
4. Organization :
5. Period :
6. Nature of work :
Therefore, Principals of Model Schools in the State are hereby informed to implement the Vocational Education as per the guidelines given. List of Telangana Model Schools