Day 34- Spoken English to Teachers - Learn Tenses,Vocabulary,Verb formsSpoken English to Teachers - Day 34: Spoken English training to teachers by whatsapp, Innovative spoken English Programme, Day wise spoken English classes, whatsapp English course, 5 words-5 sentences-pro verbs, Grammar, vocabulary, English lessons, Learn English, Learn Tenses. Day 34- Spoken English to Teachers - Learn Tenses,Vocabulary,Verb forms.
SPOKEN ENGLISH DAY-34 (28-4-2016)
We have observed the usage of Simple past tense yesterday. Today let us see the past continuous usage.
2.2 PAST CONTINUOUS:
Definition : This tense is used to express a continued action or ongoing action at certain time in the past.
In this tense
1. Auxiliary Verb - 'was/were' used
2. V1+ ing form is used
Play + ing = playing
Do + ing = doing
Subject + was/were + V1ing + Object
1. The children were doing their homework when I got home.
2. When I was preparing my lesson the telephone rang.
3. I was practising Spoken English sentences.
4. Her English was improving.
Subject +was/were not + V1ing +Object
1. She wasn't paying attention to the class.
2. They weren't climbing the hill.
3. I wasn't watching television yesterday at this time.
Was/Were + subject + V1ing +Object.
1.Was she paying attention to the class?
2. Were you watching television at this time yesterday?
3. Were they climbing the hill during the snow fall?
1. Distinguish = to recognise the difference (వేరుచేయు / తేడాను గమనించు )
Rohan was distinguished from the other boys by his talent in mathematics.
2.By and large = usually / on the whole (సుమారుగా/సాధారణముగా)
By and large, the question papers for SSC were easy.
3.Pull off = to succeed in difficulties / to carry out in spite of difficulties.(కష్టమైన పరిస్థితిలోనూ సాధించుట)
West Indies pulled off a surprise victory over England in the 20-20 World Cup final.
4.Water harvesting pit=(ఇంకుడు గుంత )
To increase the ground water levels in our Telangana state Let's pledge to construct a rain water harvesting pit in every house hold.
5. Beneath = దిగువబాగాన /అడుగున/ క్రింద)
They sat beneath a huge mango tree to relax for sometime.
V1 V2 V3
1. wear- wore - worn
2. shoot - shot - shot
3. feel - felt - felt
4. mean -meant -meant
5. show -showed-shown
|Day 1||Day 2||Day 3||Day 4||Day 5|
|Day 6||Day 7||Day 8||Day 9||Day 10|
|Day 11||Day 12||Day 13||Day 14||Day 15|
|Day 16||Day 17||Day 18||Day 19||Day 20|
|Day 21||Day 22||Day 23||Day 24||Day 25|
|Day 26||Day 27||Day 28||Day 29||Day 30|
|Day 31||Day 32||Day 33||Day 34||Day 35|
|Day 36||Day 37||Day 38||Day 39||Day 40|
|Day 41||Day 42||Day 43||Day 44||Day 45|
|Day 46||Day 47||Day 48||Day 49||Day 50|