Day 35- Spoken English to Teachers - Learn Tenses,Vocabulary,Verb formsSpoken English to Teachers - Day 35: Spoken English training to teachers by whatsapp, Innovative spoken English Programme, Day wise spoken English classes, whatsapp English course, 5 words-5 sentences-pro verbs, Grammar, vocabulary, English lessons, Learn English, Learn Tenses. Day 35- Spoken English to Teachers - Learn Tenses,Vocabulary,Verb forms.
SPOKEN ENGLISH DAY-35 (29-4-2016)
Let us observe the expression used in the past perfect tense.
2.3 PAST PERFECT TENSE
The past perfect tense is most often used for the following :
A) For actions that happened before a past events.
B) In reported speech (Indirect Speech)
C) In conditional ( if ) sentences.
Grammar focus :
In this tense we use
1. Had (past form of has / have)
2 third form of the verb (V3)
Sentence Structure :
Subject + had + V3+Object.
Subject +hadn't + V3 + Object.
A) For actions that happenend before a past event:
1. When I got home yesterday, my mother had already cooked dinner.
2. I didn't go for the movie with my friends because I had already seen it.
3. The students had gone home before the teacher arrived.
4. The meeting had already begun before we reached there.
5. Key words: already, just, never, before etc are used with past perfect.
B) In reported speech:
The past perfect is commonly used when we report people's exact words or thoughts
1. He said that he had joined a course.
2. Mary informed that she hadn't submitted the question paper.
3. I thought I had sent her the birthday card, but I was wrong.
C) In conditional (If) sentences.
The past perfect is used in unreal situation like:
1. If I had known you were in Hyderabad, I would have called you.
2. If I had had enough time, I would have completed the project work.
(Usage of 'had had'- the first had refers to the time frame- perfective. The second had refers to possession)
3. If you hadn't helped me , I wouldn't have finished the task.
Had + Subject + V3+ Object?
1. Had they visited a doctor ?
2. Had it rained cats and dogs last night?
3. Had the film started before you reached?
1. raining cats and dogs= raining very heavily
It had rained cats and dogs last night.
1. Break in/ into - entered forcibly - చొచ్చుకునిపోవు
The robbers broke into the house and stole the jewellery.
The robbers broke in through the window and stole the jewllery.
2. Obliged - indebted రుణపడివుండు
I shall be obliged if you consider my application of mutual transfer.
3. Widespread - విస్తృతం
Widespread campaigning of the introduction of English medium in primary schools is essential to increase enrollment.
4. Memorandum - విజ్ఞాపనము
Several private schools have submitted a memorandum to the goverment regarding the usage of textbooks at primary level.
5. Symptom- లక్షణం
High body temperature, rapid breathing and headache are the symptoms of heat stroke.
V1 V2 V3
1. pay - paid - paid
2. ride - rode - ridden
3. light - lit - lit
4. wake -woke-woken
|Day 1||Day 2||Day 3||Day 4||Day 5|
|Day 6||Day 7||Day 8||Day 9||Day 10|
|Day 11||Day 12||Day 13||Day 14||Day 15|
|Day 16||Day 17||Day 18||Day 19||Day 20|
|Day 21||Day 22||Day 23||Day 24||Day 25|
|Day 26||Day 27||Day 28||Day 29||Day 30|
|Day 31||Day 32||Day 33||Day 34||Day 35|
|Day 36||Day 37||Day 38||Day 39||Day 40|
|Day 41||Day 42||Day 43||Day 44||Day 45|
|Day 46||Day 47||Day 48||Day 49||Day 50|