National scheme Incentives to Girls for Secondary Education(NSIGSE) 2016Centrally Sponsored Scheme - National scheme Incentives to Girls for Secondary Education (NSIGSE) for encourage secondary education-Girl Child Enrollment: DSE and Ex-Officio PD,RMSA, Proceeding Rc.No.428/RMSA/TG/2016 Dated:06.05.2016. Subject:RMSA - SE- Centrally Sponsored "National scheme Incentive to Girls for Secondary Education (NSIGSE) - Reg.
1. Memo No.3486/SE.Prog.ll/A2/2016, dt:28.04.2016 Government of Telangana, School Education Department.
2. F.No.7-1/2016-SS GOI, MHRD, Department of School Education and Literacy (SSD) from Under Secretary to the Government of India.
All the District Educational Officers in the State are informed that National Scheme of Incentives to Girls for Secondary Education is being implemented to promote enrolment of girl child the age group of 14-18 at secondary stage, especially those who passed Class VIII and to encourage secondary education of such girls, by the Centrally Sponsored Scheme. The eligibility criteria details given below.
Therefore they are requested to communicate to all Schools concerned and obtain the List of Eligible Girl Students and furnish the consolidated report to this office Latest by 10.05.2016 in the prescribed proforma enclosed to this proceedings along with Hard(CD) and Soft copies
National Scheme of Incentives to Girls for Secondary Education:
To establish an enabling environment to reduce the drop outs and to promote the enrolment of girl child belonging to SC/ST communities in secondary schools and ensure their retention up to the 18 years of age.
To promote enrolment of girl child in the age group of 14-18 at secondary stage, especially those who passed Class VIII and to encourage the secondary education of such girls, the Centrally Sponsored Scheme. National Scheme of Incentives to Girls for Secondary Education was launched in May, 2008.
The Scheme covers:
1. All SC/ST girls who pass class VIII and
2. Girls, who pass class VIII examination from Kastrurba Gandhi Balika Vidyalayas (irrespective of whether they belong to Scheduled Castes or Tribes) and enroll for class IX in State/UT Government, Government-aided or local body schools.
3. Girls should be below 16 years of age ( as on 31st March) on joining class IX
4. Married girls, girls studying in private un-aided schools and enrolled in schools run by Central Government like KVS, NVS and CBS affiliated Schools are excluded.
Read | Centrally Sponsored Scheme “Incentives to Girls for Secondary Education”
A sum of Rs. 3,000/- is deposited in the name of eligible girls as fixed deposit. The girls are entitled to withdraw the sum along with interest thereon on reaching 18 years of age and on passing 10th class examination.
The proposals/list of beneficiaries for the academic year 2015-16 is required to be submitted/ uploaded on-line over National Scholarship Portal (NSP).
NSIGSE Centrally Sponsored Scheme:
2. NSIGSE Proceedings