SBI Youth for India fellowship programme 2016SBI YFI Fellowship, SBI Youth for India is a fellowship programme: SBI Youth for India is a fellowship programme initiated, funded and managed by the State Bank of India as a CSR activity , in partnership with reputed NGOs. It provides a framework for India's best young minds to join hands with rural communities, empathise with their struggles and connect with their aspirations. The Programme seeks to help India secure an equitable and sustainable growth path by Providing educated Indian youth with an opportunity to touch lives and create positive change at the grass root level in rural India. Providing NGOs working on development projects in rural India with educated manpower whose skill sets can be used to catalyze rural development. Promoting a forum for the Programme alumni to share ideas and contribute to rural development throughout their professional life.
The selection process begins with the submission of the online application form (last date: 10th June, 2016). Shortlisted candidates are notified on a rolling basis latest by 13th June 2016. Candidates will be finally selected after a personal interview to participate in the programme in two cohorts.
SBI has always believed and worked towards the progress of the country. Through the SBI YFI Fellowship, SBI are investing in the future of the nation. On one hand, we are trying to create leaders of tomorrow and on the other hand, a much needed difference in rural India. To learn more, continue reading.
Programme name: SBI Youth for India is a fellowship programme 2016
1. Course duration: 13 months
2. Full-time course started: 2 cohorts commencing in August and October 2016
3. Work: Requires you to stay in rural areas near the project site
1. Young Professionals or Fresh Graduates
2. Age 21-32 (as on date of commencement of programme)
3. Indian citizen
1. Stipend: Rs 15,000/- to meet living expenses
2. Local Transport Allowance: Rs 1,000/- per month
3. A Readjustment Allowance of Rs. 30,000/- upon successful completion of the Fellowship
4. To and fro travel costs of the Fellows from his/her place of residence to project location as well as for training programmes
5. Medical Insurance
6. Mentorship by experienced professionals in the field
7. Access to the Community through well-established Partner NGOs
8. Linkages with premier organizations of the country
Selection process: Through interview. Shortlisted candidates are notified on an ongoing basis during the application period. SBI continuously engage with shortlisted applicants over an online forum to get to know them better as well as clarify their doubts regarding the Fellowship. Interviews shall be conducted in major metro cities or virtually for applicants based outside India.
How to apply: Candidates can apply through online mode
1. Last Date of Submission of Application: 10th June, 2016
2. Shortlisted Candidates intimated: 13th June, 2016.
3. Interview for Selected Candidates intimated: 1st July, 2016
4. Programme commences: August & October, 2016