Baseline Test/post test Question Papers/Children Achievement Level Test(CALT) for 3Rs ProgrammeTS Schools Children Achievement Level Test(CALT) Question Papers/ Guidelines and instructions for Implementation of remedial teaching programme: DSE Telangana has given guidelines for conducting Remedial Teaching Programme(RTP) to Primary, Upper Primary and high schools upto September 30, 2016 in all TS Schools. Before starting of RTP, first A Base line test should be conducted to 3rd class to 8th class students in Telugu, English, Mathematics subjects from 29-07-2016 to 30-07-2016. In this connection, Baseline Test Question papers have been prepared and sent to all the DEOs. So, all teachers should conduct the Baseline Test with these question papers as per schedule in our schools.
Baseline Test: Assessment starts with a base line assessment at the beginning of academic year for all subjects and classes based on which the teacher set targets and plan for teaching. A baseline test which is diagnostic in nature to be conducted at the beginning of the academic year to understand how far the children posses expected competencies to follow the regular syllabus of the class. In case if the children do not posses required basic competencies a remedial teaching shall be planned by the concerned teachers.
Remedial Teaching material for TS Schools to Improve 3Rs Competencies:
Already, DSE Telangana prepared the remedial teaching material and sent to all the schools to improve the basis competencies of reading, writing and arithmetic to all the students who do not possess competencies under 3Rs Basic competencies improvement programme.
The main objective of the 3Rs Basic competencies improvement programme/RTP is to impart the basic skills such as reading, writing, simple arithmetic for those children who lack them.
Instructions to Teachers:
1. Baseline Test question papers in Telugu,English and Maths should be conducted on 29th &30th June. 2016
2. For each competency have 5 questions.
3. If student gives 4 correct answers out of 5 questions, A grade should be given to student
4. If student gives 2 or 3 correct answers out of 5 questions. B grade should be given to student
5. If student does 1 or None correct answers out of 5 question, C grade should be given to student
6. After, Completion of evaluation, divide the children in to 3 groups like A Group, B Group & C Group.
7. Teacher should teach the regular syllabus to 1st and 2nd Classes as per Academic Calendar
8. In the morning session, Teachers should teach regular syllabus subject to 3rd to 5th Classes,
9. In the afternoon session, Teachers should implement the minimum levels of achieving LEP-3Rs competencies and teach with remedial teaching material
Key dates of Minimum Competencies Achievement Programme:
1. BASELINE TEST Conducting Dates: June 29 and 30, 2016
2. End of RTP/3Rs Programme on 30 September, 2016
*A. Remedial Teaching material for 3Rs Competencies Improvement
*B. Baseline Test Question Papers
Telugu 3rd Class 4th Class 5th Class
English 3rd Class 4th Class 5th Class
Maths 3rd Class 4th Class 5th Class
*C. Guidelines for Implementation of 3Rs Programme/Remedial Teaching Programme