Government to Organise the Second International Yoga Day as a Mega EventGovernment to Organise the Second International Yoga Day as a Mega Event: The Government plans to organize massive event to celebrate the Second International Yoga Day on 21 June, 2016. Ministry of AYUSH will conduct following activities to celebrate the Second International Day of Yoga.
1. Mass Yoga demonstration following a Common Yoga Protocol on 21st June, 2016.
2. A two-day International Conference on “Yoga for Body & Beyond”.
3. An International Yoga Fest, as Curtain Raiser to International Day of Yoga during 20-22 April, 2016 at Delhi which has already been organized.
3. Mass Media Campaign through radio TV, digital cinema and social media.
4. Mobilization of School Children for performing Yoga on 21st June, 2016.
5. Various Yoga organizations to provide technical support to State/UTs in Yoga training.
6. Yoga organizations to organize camps at various centers.
7. States/UTs requested to organize Mass Yoga demonstration at State, District, Block and Panchayat level.
8. All Ministries/Departments advised to organize Mass Yoga demonstration in their offices/premises.
9. Mobilization of NCC, NSS, Bharat Scouts & Guides, NYKS and other organizations for organization of Mass Yoga Demonstration and other events on the occasion.
10. Mass Yoga Demonstration to be organized abroad through Indian Missions.
11. Central Council for Yoga & Naturopathy to organize one month training session in Common Yoga Protocol in each district through Yoga Institutions, NGOs, District Administration, etc. culminating in organization of Mass Yoga Demonstration on 21s June 2016.
The Ministry of AYUSH, Government of India and the New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC) are all set to organize the 2nd International Yoga Day on June 21, 2016 at Connaught Place, New Delhi and its six radials and inner circles, roads along with the three gardens Lodhi Garden, Nehru Park and Talkatora Garden.
As many as about 10,000 participants will be performing the common protocol Yoga. Programme will start at 6.00 a.m. and common Protocol Yoga by all participants will start at 7:00 a.m. and go up to 7:45 a.m. The diplomats will participate in Yoga programme at Nehru Park.