APPSC Group-II Services SyllabusAPPSC Group-ii services syllabus, paper –i-general studies, paper ii -section-i Social and cultural history of Andhra Pradesh,an overview of the Indian constitution, paper-iii-Planning in India and Indian economy and contemporary problems and development of Andhra Pradesh
PAPER -I GENERAL STUDIES
1. Events of national and inter national importance.
2. Current affairs- inter national, national and regional.
3. General Science and it applications to the day to day life Contemporary developments in Science & Technology and Information Technology
4. Social- economic and political history of modern India with emphases on Indian national movement.
5. Indian polity and governance: constitutional issues, public policy, reforms and e-governance initiatives.
6. Economic development in India since independence.
7. Physical geography of India sub-continent.
8. Disaster management: vulnerability profile, prevention and mitigation strategies, Application of Remote Sensing and GIS in the assessment of Disaster
9. Sustainable Development and Environmental Protection
10. Logical reasoning, analytical ability and data interpretation.
11. Data Analysis:
a) Tabulation of data
b) Visual representation of data
C) Basic data analysis (Summary Statistics such as mean and variance coefficient of variation etc.,) and Interpretation
PAPER – II -SECTION-I
SOCIAL AND CULTURAL HISTORY OF ANDHRA PRADESH
1. Social and Cultural History of Andhra Pradesh: Geographical Features of Andhra – Its Impact on History and Culture – Pre-History – The Satavahanas, Ikshvakus – Socio-Economic and Religious
Conditions – Literature, Art and Architecture – The Eastern Chalukyas of Vengi – Society, Religion, Telugu Language, Literature, Art and Architecture.
2. Socio- Cultural and Religious conditions in Andhradesa between 11th to 16th Centuries A.D, Growth of Telugu Language, literature, Art, Architecture and Painting- Contribution of Qutubshahis to Andhra History and Culture.
3. Advent of Europeans- Trade centers- Andhra under the Company–1857 Revolt and its impact on Andhra- Establishment of British Rule- Socio-Cultural awakening, Justice party/self respect movements- Growth of Nationalist Movement in Andhra between 1885 to 1947– Role of Socialists– Communists– Anti- Zamindari and Kisan Movements. Growth of Nationalist poetry.
4. Origin and growth of Andhra movement- Role of Andhra Mahasabhas- Prominent Leaders- Events leading to the formation of Andhra State 1953. Role of News Papers in the Andhra Movement.
5. Events leading to the Formation of Andhra Pradesh State – Visalandhra Mahasabha – States Reorganisation Commission and Its Recommendations - Gentlemen Agreement – Important Social and Cultural Events between 1956 and 2014 .
6. Economic Challenges faced by Andhra Pradesh post Bifurcation in 2014.
AN OVERVIEW OF THE INDIAN CONSTITUTION
1. Nature of the Indian Constitution – Constitutional Development – Salient features of Indian Constitution – Preamble – Fundamental Rights, Directive Principles of State Policy and their relationship - Fundamental Duties, Distinctive features - Unitary and Federal.
2. Structure and functions of Indian Government - Legislative, Executive and Judiciary - Types of Legislatures - Unicameral, Bicameral - Executive – Parliamentary, Judiciary - Judicial Review, Judicial Activism.
3. Distribution of Legislative and Executive Powers between the Union and the States; Legislative, Administrative and Financial relations between the Union and the States– Powers and the Functions of Constitutional Bodies - UPSC, State Public Service Commissions, CAG.
4. Centre- State relations- Need for Reforms- Rajmannar Committee, Sarkaria Commission, M.M. Punchchi Commission, - NITI Aayog - Unitary and Federal features of Indian Constitution.
5. Amendment Process to the Constitution - Centralization Vs Decentralization - Community Development Programs- Balwantray Mehta, Ashok Mehta Committees- 73rd and 74th Constitutional Amendment Acts and their Implementation.
6. Indian Political Parties- National, Regional- One Party, Bi-Party, Multi-Party Systems - Regionalism and Sub-Regionalism– Demand for New States - Sri Krishna Committee – National Integration - Threats to Indian Unity.
7. Welfare Mechanisms in India-Provisions for Scheduled Castes, Tribes and Minorities, Reservations for SCs, STs and Backward Classes- Prevention of SCs and STs Atrocities Act- National and State SCs, STs and BC’s Commissions, Women’s Commission, National and State Minorities Commissions – Human Rights Commission- RTI- Lokpal and Lok Ayukt.
PLANNING IN INDIA AND INDIAN ECONOMY
Planning in Indian Economy Socio- Economic - objectives and outlays of Five Year Plans – alternative strategies - Goals and Achievements – Causes for failure of different Plans – New economic reforms 1991 – LPG. Regulation of the Economy – Creation of regulatory bodies.
Indian Economic Policies
Agricultural policies – Industrial policies since 1956 – IT industries – Monetary policy of RBI – Fiscal policy – Objectives – Fiscal Imbalance and Deficit Finance –New Foreign Trade Policy. Current account imbalances; FDI.
Availability of Natural resources and Development
Population- size, composition and growth–Trends; Occupational Distribution of Work force –Human Development Index. Demographic Dividend.
Money, Banking and Public Finance
Concept of Money and measures of money supply’ – Banks and credit creation its causes and remedies; Budget – taxes and non-tax revenue.
Meaning and Measurements of Growth
Distinction between growth and development – Measurement of growth - Growth, Development and Underdevelopment – Characteristics of Underdevelopment – Stages of development – Sources of capital formation – Growth strategies; Deregulation and growth.
CONTEMPORARY PROBLEMS AND DEVELOPMENT OF ANDHRA PRADESH
1) National Income and concepts – Gross Domestic Product – Net Domestic Product, Percapita Income - and Human Development Index as measurement of development – contribution of agriculture to income and employment in Andhra Pradesh.
2. Five years plans of Andhra Pradesh – Outlays – Finance in public sector plans – Resource allocation pattern in the five year plans of Andhra Pradesh.
3. Land reforms in Andhra Pradesh – Need for Land Reforms – Structure of Land Holdings Forest and sown– Irrigated area – Cropping pattern – sources of agricultural finances – agricultural subsidies – public distribution system in Andhra Pradesh.
4. Industries in Andhra Pradesh – Growth and structure of industries – Role of Small Scale and Cottage Industries – structure of Co - operatives – share of Co - operatives in total credit of Andhra Pradesh.
5. Service sectors of Andhra Pradesh – Importance - Composition and growth with special reference to Power, Transport and Communication, Tourism and Information Technology in Andhra Pradesh.
APPSC Group-II Services Syllabus