APPSC Group-IV Services Final SyllabusAPPSC Group-IV Services Final Syllabus, Group IV PAPER-I:: GENERAL STUDIES (SSC STANDARD),Group IV PAPER-II:: SECRETARIAL ABILITIES, History, Economics, Civics and Geography, Physical Science, Natural Science syllabus
PAPER-I:: GENERAL STUDIES (SSC STANDARD)
1. History, Economics, Civics and Geography.
2. Physical Science.
3. Natural Science.
4. Current Affairs.
5. Reasoning and Analytical Ability.
6. Basic things about disaster management (CBSE- VIII & IX Standard)
7. Bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh.
8. Sustainable Development and Environmental Protection
(Suggested Syllabus of different Subjects)
1. Economic Growth and Development – Indicators of Economic Development – Characteristic Features of Developing Countries like India.
2. National Income - Concepts of National Income – GNP – NNP – Percapita Income – Disposable Income – Estimation of National Income – Trends in National Income – Structural Changes in Indian Economy – Sectoral Distribution of GDP.
3. Planning and Economic Reforms in India – Meaning of Planning – Objectives – India’s Five Year Plans –NITI AYOG – Twelth Five Year Plan – Eradication of Poverty and Reduction of unemployment Programmes.
4. Environment and Sustainable Development – Concepts of Environment – Linkages Between Environment and Economy – Environmental Pollutions – Types – Measures to Control Pollution
– Sustainable Economic Development.
5. Economy of Andhra Pradesh – Economic History of Andhra Pradesh – Characteristic features – Demographic features – Occupational Distribution of workforce – Development of Agricultural Sector, Industry and Service Sectors – Welfare
Introduction to living organisms. Prokaryotic and Eukaryotic cells. Structure, reproduction and uses of bacteria. Nature of viruses. Common diseases caused by bacteria and viruses. Plant kingdom, and Animal Kingdom - salient features of Algae, Fungi, Bryophytes, Pteridophytes, Gymnosperms, invertebrates and vertebrates. Uses of plants in food, fibre and medicine. Crop plants. Uses of animals in food and medicine.
Matter, Mechanics. Sound, Heat, Optics, Electricity, Electro Magnetism and their applications in the day to day life. Chemical equation and reaction, Acids, Basis and Salts, Structure of Atom, Classification of Elements, Chemical bonding, Carbon it Compounds, Metallurgy.
History of Modern India with a focus on Indian National Movement. Important Cultural Events in Andhra Pradesh up to 1956 – Economic Challenges Faced by Andhra Pradesh post Bifurcation in 2014.
PAPER-II:: SECRETARIAL ABILITIES
• Mental Ability (Verbal and Nonverbal)
• Logical Reasoning
• Descriptive Passage
• Logical Passage
• Narrative Passage
• a) Re-arrangement of sentences with a view to improving the structure of a passage.
b) Spelling, Punctuation, Proof-Reading, Editing Skills
• Numerical and Arithmetical abilities.
APPSC Group-I Services Syllabus/Group I Preliminary,Mains Exam Syllabus