Implementation of Telangana Ku Haritha Haaram Programme in TS SchoolsImplementation of Telangana Ku Haritha Haaram Programme in TS Schools: SCERT Telangana, Rc.No.Spl, Dated:06 -07-2016: Subject: SCERT, Telangana, Hyderabad -Telangana Ku Haritha Haaram(THH) - Implementation of Telangana Ku Haritha Haaram Programme in schools of all districts - Reg.
All the District Educational Officers in the state are informed that the Government of Telangana has introduced Telangana Ku Haritha Haaram programme in 2015. Telangana Ku Harith Haaram (THH) is a flagship programme for increasing the tree cover of the state from the present to 33% of the total Geographical area. The strategy developed to achieve the objective is under taking massive plantation programme in every possible open space outside the forest and take up intensive rejuvenation and regeneration works coupled with soil and moisture conservation in the degraded forest areas throughout the state. As a part of the programme the school premises (both govt. and private) identified as potential areas of planting.
All the District Educational Officers in the state are requested to take steps on the following points and prepare the district plan for planting during 2016, and take following measures for plantation of saplings in the schools and in the offices of MEOs and DEO.
1. Identification of the plant site
2. Undertaking pre-planting operations like site cleaning and digging of pits Selection of the species to be planted
3. Identification of the nearest nursery from where the plants can be sourced for planting
4. Deployment plan for transporting the plants to the planting site
5. Agencies or institutions or officials responsible for after case of the plants including the protection.
6. Documentation of the planting with all details etc.,
They are also requested to send the guidelines prepared by SCERT to all the schools in the district to conduct of Telangana Ku Haritha Haaram programme. Further they are requested to conduct of send the particulars as indicated in the follows format after the conduct of event before 15th July 2016 to the SCERT.