Deputations Cancelled-Not to depute teachers as PAs| Select the PAs other than teachersTeachers Deputation cancelled, Not to depute teachers as PAs to Hon’ble Ministers/ MPs /MLAs /MLCs /Z.P Chairman and other public representatives. Select the P.As other than teachers TS Govt Oder.1923,Dt: 30-08-2016::General Administration (SR) Department -Cancellation of deputations of teachers who were working on deputation as P.As to Hon’ble Ministers/ MPs/ MLAs/ MLCs/ Z.P Chairman and other public representatives and repatriation to parent department with immediate effect- Orders –issued. Reference: 1. Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education Act, 2009 (Act35 of 2009) 2. The Hon’ble Supreme Court Orders dated 13.07.20136 in Contempt Petitions Civil.No.532/2013 in WP Civil.No.631 /2004.
ORDER: It was provided in the act reference 1st read above in Sub-Section (2) of Section 25 “For the purpose of maintaining the Pupil-Teacher Ratio under sub- section (l) of Section 25, no teacher posted in a school shall be made to serve in any other school or office or deployed for any non- educational purpose, other than those sacrificed in section 27 i.e the decennial population census, disaster relief duties or duties relating to election to the local authority or the State Legislature or Parliament as case may be.
2. While emphasizing for the scrupulous adherence to the above provisions of the act the Hon’ble Supreme Court in its orders reference 2nd read above made the following:-
“We must state without any kind of hesitation that Teachers could not have been sent on deputation to function as Private Secretaries of the members of the Legislative Assembly or Ministers. If anyone is deputed, he must be immediately sent back and an affidavit to that extent be filed by the next date of hearing .”i.e on 7.9.2016.
3. Government after careful examination of the matter have decided to cancel all the orders issued so far to the teachers for deputation as P.As to Hon’ble Ministers/MPs/MLAs/MLCs/Z.P Chairman and other public representatives, and to repatriate to their parent department with immediate effect so as to comply the above orders of Hon’ble Supreme Court. Accordingly the orders of deputation issued so far to teachers to work as PAs to the above public representatives is hereby cancelled.
4. The public representatives concerned are requested to ensure that the said teachers are repatriated immediately to the education department so as to report back to schools to attend the academic work entrusted to them with immediate effect.
5. All the public representatives shall select the P.As i.e., other than teachers, in the cadre of Senior Assistants as per G. O. Rt. No. 1384, General Administration (SR) Dept, dated 19.12.2014 henceforth.
6. The Education Department and all the District Collectors shall take immediate necessary action accordingly.