Guidelines for SA I/ Summative Assessment I Exams in TS Schools 2016-17#SA 1 half yearly exams in TS Schools/ Summative 1 half yearly Exams 2016-2017 conducting guidelines/instructions: As per the Academic Calendar and implementation of curriculum, Conducting of Half yearly examinations (SA-I) from from 27th October 2016 to 2nd November 2016 to facilitate smooth conduct of examinations under invigilation from the teachers and correction of answer scripts, declaring the results in all Government, Government aided and private schools. DSE Telangana,Rc.No.405,Dated: 23.08.2016: Sub: SCERT, Telangana, Hyderabad - Editing of Summative evaluation question papers from the districts pertaining to class VI to X in a workshop at OUCIP, Hyderabad - Certain guidelines for the improvement and finalisation of question papers and field monitoring for effective implementation of CCE - Reg.
All the RJDSEs, DEOs, Pos of SSA are hereby informed that, a workshop was conducted at OUCIP duly involving Secretaries of District Common Boards and one subject expert from each subject from each district and analyzed and edited the draft question papers for summative examinations and framed certain guidelines for the effective implementation of CCE.
Following are the guidelines for the conduct of SA1 Examination from 27th October 2016 onwards as per the academic calendar and monitoring of CCE in schools.
1. The DEOs have to conduct a 2 or 3•day workshop in the districts with DCEB Secretary and subject experts to analyze the question papers as per the guidelines and suggestions given at State Level workshop and re write the question papers as per the corrections made at State level. The subject experts attended state level workshop shall explain the guidelines and suggestion given at State level to the RPs in the workshop for the improvement of question papers and show the corrections made by the State level experts.
2. All the question papers must be made DTP and proof reading by the subject experts and cross check the test items according to welghtages to the academic standards as per the blue print The finalized question papers may be translated in to different languages.
3. The DCEB shall formulate subject wise resource groups @15 per subject as per the G.O.Ms.No.17. The resource persons must include State level SRG/Text book writers working in the districts, Headmasters, School Assistants and Teachers from Model Schools/Residential schools. Capacity building of these groups will be taken up by state level experts. The services of these 15 members shall be used in the districts for monitoring of CCE Implementation, question papers development, training etc.
4. A hand book was developed duly incorporating guidelines on question papers settings, evaluation of question papers, CCE implementation, nature of test Items etc. The soft copies will be sent to the districts which may be printed and provided to schools along with private schools on payment The printing may be taken up by the respective DEOs duly following the norms meeting the expenditure from DCEB funds. The hand books may be provided to private schools on payment. Accounts must be maintained for the printing and distribution. The DCEB may plan for the training of teachers working in the schools under private management on the CCE and its implementation on payment basis duly utilizing the services of subject groups of DCEB.
5. The DEOs are requested to formulate divisional level monitoring teams under the leadership of Dy. Educational Officers concerned. Each team shall constitute one Headmaster and six subject experts and given with 20 High schools to each team for monitoring. Two or three teams must be constituted at divisional level and take up the monitoring of implementation of CCE and allotment of internal marks to the formative assessment items in all types of schools i.e. both Govt. and Private management schools. The Dy.EO shall list out all types of High Schools in the division and allocations of school may be made to each team along with dates of visits.
6. The State shall conduct a 1-day orientation to the district level RPs so that they can in turn train the monitoring team members for effective conduct of school visits and monitor the implementation of CCE which includes allotment of internal marks Vis-a-Vis formative records.
7. The DCEB shall conduct workshops with experts for question papers preparation and planning for monitoring visits. The expenditure towards these workshop will be from DCEB funds towards TA/DA as per norms and Rs.200/- honorarium per day.
8. The DEOs must send a set of question papers to the Director SCERT for analysis and grading of the districts based on the quality of question papers prepared.
9. The time table to SA 1 to be started from 27th October 2016 to 2nd November 2016 is given here under:
During the examination period i.e. from 27th Oct. to 2nd Nov. 2016 the answer scripts must be valued and Cumulative Records shall be completed in all aspects. The final results shall be declared and Cumulative Records must be issued to the children on Sth November 2016 without fail. A meeting may be convened with parents & SMC members on 5th November 2016 in the school premises and Progress Cards (Cumulative Records) shall be issued to the children. The children obtain signature on Cumulative Records and return back Cumulative Records to the concerned teachers/ HMs on 70 November, 2016. The teachers must collect the Cumulative Records/ Progress Cards from the students.
All the DEOs are requested to take necessary action on the above and conduct exams seriously and confidentiality shall be maintained and see that the conduct of examinations declared the results, convening parent meeting and issue of cumulative records to all the children must be taken up as per the schedule as above. The RJDSEs must visit the Districts and observe the effective conduct of SAl Exams, paper valuation, issue of cumulative records, parents meeting etc. and submit a report to the Director of School Education.
Guidelines for Conduct of S.A. I, II & Pre-final Exams 2016-17
Adverting to the reference 1. DCEB, Wgl. Lr.No. 01/2016, Dt. 10-06-2016, 2. DCEB Wgl. 9/2016-17, Dt. 13-10-2016, 3. DSC Academic calendar 2016-17 to the subject cited above all the Hon'ble DEO's(All the DEO's Bhupalpally / Jangaon / Karimnagar / Khammam /Mahabubabad/ Nalgonda / Siddipeta / Warangal (R)/Warangal (U)) of newly formed Districts are hereby informed that it is known to all that the DCEB Warangal earlier collected fee from all the 51 old mandals of the then Warangal District. And the present DCEB Warangal will supply the question papers to all the 51 mandals for the year 2016-17 from 22nd of this month. And for the smooth running of the examination process all the respected DEO's are requested to instruct the MEO's and HMs to follow the guidelines below.
Guidelines for Smooth Conduct of SA 1 Exams
1) The DEOs are requested to instruct the concerned MEOs and HMs of newly merged mandals to collect the material from their respective DCEBs where they have paid earlier.
2) The MEOs and HMs newly merged mandals and detached mandals as well will get the material from their respective DCEBs where they have paid the fee4 for instance the detached mandals of Warangal Maddur and Cherial will be supplied by DCEB Warangal (U)
3) Inform the MEOs to give instructions to the concerned HMs of the mandals to present themselves at MRCs to collect their material, (at old distribution centres) according to their need and indent, for SA-I, Examination (To be held from 27.10.2016 to 03.11.2016, Time Table enclosed).
4) MEOs have to maintain the issue register and to distribute the papers after a careful enquiry and instruct the HMs to keep them in the safe custody.
5) If any deficit occurs the HMs have to make alternative arrangements by making adjustments from neighbouring schools.
6) During the examination MEOs have to visit at least (2) schools a day (01) Govt. Schools (01) private school. i.e. for
i) to check the attendance of the students, ii) teachers presence, iii) whether following examination procedure or not ?
7) HMs have to instruct the teachers to complete cumulative records before 5-11-2016 and distribute to the students.
8) All HMs have to instruct all the teachers to present themselves everyday at the school compulsorily during all exams. (Morning to Evening).
9 ) It came to our notice that some of the HMs did not send their students' strength particulars and the indent. We also noticed that they collected the fee but did not pay to the DCEB. And it is to inform all the HMs that the question papers will not be sent to them. And the MEOs and HMs are held responsible for the discrepancy caused by them.