PCRA National Level Quiz Competitions for School Children 2016PCRA National Level Quiz Competitions for School Children: Petroleum Conservation Research Association, under the aegis of Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas, Govt. of India, is committed to make oil conservation a National Movement. As a part of its mandate, various literary and cultural events are conducted for school students. The Essay writing, Painting and Quiz competitions aim to raise awareness among youth about practical conservation tips for the conservation of Petroleum products in industrial, transportation, agriculture and domestic sectors, and how to practice such conservation in their daily lives.
For effective communication, students may choose to present their ideas and messages for conserving petroleum products and reducing emissions, in English, Hindi or Regional languages.
Four Competitions are being conducted by PCRA
A : Essay
B : Painting
C : Quiz for selecting school District, State and Zonal teams. Zonal teams shall participate for
D: Individual Quiz for achieving Bronze, Silver or Gold Level.
#Awards :Trip to Japan, Laptops and Cash Prizes of Rs.1 Lakhs, Certificates
School Quiz Competitions Instructions
1. Only schools in India recognized by Central & State Boards of India, can participate.
2. This competition shall be conducted only online through web portal pcracompetitions.org and mobile application PCRA-Competitions available on Android/Windows/10S Platform to participate. A minimum of 30 students must be registered by the school, for becoming eligible to form a school team for next round.
|First Round||School Level||Minimum 30 students should participate. Best two students from each school will be selected for the next level|
|Second Round||District Level||Those who clear second round will be eligible for state level competition|
|Third Round||State Level||Those who clear third round will be eligible to participate in offline zonal quiz competition|
|Fourth Round||Zonal Level||Winners of Zonal round shall be invited to participate in the National level competition|
|Fifth Round||National Level||National winners shall be felicitated at the inaugural function of OGCF 2017 in January'17.|
First three levels are online quiz rounds. Round 4 and 5 are "Live" competitions
3. It is mandatory for the Schools to conduct the competitions during school hours in a fair manner. For the first round, school will get ONLY SEVEN DAYS from the start of the first participant entry. All participants (minimum 30) from the school must complete the online quiz within 7 days of start of first participant.
4. Eligibility: Students of classes 8 - 10.
5. Questions shall pertain to Agriculture, Conservation, Petroleum, Environment, Transport, General Studies and other categories.
6. The schools shall register the names of all Students against the school ID on the portal www.pcracompetitions.org and all the students can then participate as Individuals in First Round. Each student shall be given a time limit of 10 minutes to attempt 10 questions.
7. Software will select the two best scoring participants, who will form the School team.
8. The School team will then participate in the second round which will be called District level round. This round will have 15 questions with a time limit of 10 minutes.
The last date for participating at District level is 4th Oct. 2016.
9. The best school team at District level will participate in third round to identify State Level Winners. This round will have 30 questions with a time limit of 15 minutes
10. The Window for State level shall open on 5th Oct. 2016 & last date for participating at State level is 15th Oct 2016.
11. The State Level winners (school team) shall participate in a "Live Quiz Round" for deciding the Zonal Finalists. These finalists shall be invited for Zonal round in their respective Zone and the date and venue shall be communicated by email to the schools.
12. The Zonal Finalists will be invited to participate at the National Finals round.at Delhi.
13. PCRA shall bear expenses of travel and winners shall be communicated about the same.
14. Competition Period: 16.08.2016 to 15.10.2016 for online Quiz competition only
15. It is advisable that the documentary on PCRA, which gives a brief on 'Conservation of Fuel' is shown to the children before the start of the competition. This is available on our website www.pcra.org
Please check our portal www.pcracompetitions.org or websit.: www.pcra.org/competitions.html for more details or contact PCRA on: 011-26715360 or email : email@example.com
1. The decision of the Jury/Expert committee will be final and binding in respect of all matters concerning the competition.
2. Children of employees of PCRA are not eligible for the prize..
3. Schools should try to hold the competitions as early as possible to avoid Last minute rush.
4. Final round will be completed in December 2016. The awards will be distributed in the inaugural function of the Oil and Gas Conservation Fortnight 2017, during the 2nd hall of January 2017.
5. The unique experience e of the last year's winners is shared on PCRA website as "Competitions 2016"
6.The National Whiners of previous competitions ate not eligible prizes of this competition.
PCRA Essay Writing Competitions for School Children 2016
PCRA Painting Competitions for School Children 2016
PCRA Quiz Competitions for School Children 2016