Vanam-Manam Programme Implementation guidelines under MHAPVanam-Manam Programme Implementation guidelines under MHAP: CSE AP RC.No.375,DT:30/07/2016-Sub: School Education -"Vanam-Manam" Programme (Plantation of one Crore Plants) in all Educational Institutions - Intimation - Regarding.
1. D.0. Lr.No.13/Spl.CS/ EFST/2016, dt:23.07.2016 of Special Chief Secretary to Government.
2. GO.MS.No.71, Environment, Forest and Science & Technology,Dept, Dt: 23.07.2016
3. G.M.No.309692/General/Al/2016, dt: 25.07.2016 along with Minister for HRD, Lr.No.318/PS(MHRD)/2016, dt:24.07.2016.
The attention of all the officers in address entry is invited to the references read above and they are informed that in the I st read above the Government have decided to launch Haritha Andhra Pradesh Mission through "VANAM- MANAM"Programme with a view to secure green cover over 50% of the geographical of the state by 2029. This Mission is launched at the State Level by the Hon'ble Chief Minister on 29.07.2016.
The objective of the Vanam Manam programme is to plant One Crore saplings on one day i.e., 29-07-2016 under Haritha Andhra Pradesh Mission
In the reference 2nd read above, Govt have issued orders for launch of Mission Haritha Andhra Pradesh and inception of "VANAM - MANAM" Programme on 29.07.2016. The Govt have also issued implementation guidelines. A Copy of the G.O. is appended to this Proceeding.
In the reference 3rd read above, the Government have informed that the Hon'ble Minister for HRD, Govt of Andhra Pradesh, desires to take up "Vanam - Manam" Programme (Plantation of One Crore Plants) in all Educational Institutions including Government/Private Aided Schools, APREISSchools, Jr. Colleges, OfficePremises of Education Department.
Keeping in view of the orders issued by the Government, the following instructions are herewith issued for participation of children, Students, Teachers, Parents and Staff in Plantation Programme:
Objective of the Programme:
1. To achieve tree cover over 50 per cent of the total geographical area of the state by bringing an additional 40 lakhs hectares of land under tree cover by 2029.
2. Each and every citizen of Andhra Pradesh across the social, economic, demographic, gender, and political spectrum ought to become partners in this programme that would benefit not only the state but also the nation and the entire world through eco-regeneration.
3. Apart from its impact on environment and climate change, the programme is an effort to strengthen the bond between the nature and people.
READ | GO.71 - Mission of Haritha Andhra Pradesh - Vanam-Manam Programme
1. The Hon'ble Minister in-charge of the district along with other Hon'ble Ministers, and peoples representatives will launch the programme in the district on the same day with the participation of all citizens of the area.
2. Similar launch will be done in every Constituency, Mandal, Village,ULB, and every institution in the state - both public and private - every
school, college, university, Industry religious institutions, etc., on the same day.
3. Plantation in vacant Government lands, Degraded Forest lands, Endowment lands, Schools, Colleges and Universities, Residential Schools and Hostels, Lands surrounding Industries and SEZs, Vacant Railway lands, Endowments lands, Housing colonies, Homesteads, Roads, Canals, Bunds, Canals, Bunds of Farm lands.
4. Each and every citizen of Andhra Pradesh across the social, economic,
demographic, geographic, gender, and political spectrum ought to become partners in this programme that would benefit not only the stale but also the nation and the entire world through eco-regenerauon.
5. To create awareness amongst school and college students and to secure their proactive participation, essay writing, painting, quiz, and elocution competitions shall be organised. In addition, Green Run, Cycle Rallies and Eco Walks on different days shall be organised.
6. The Headmasters of Schools, Principals of Colleges and Vice-chancellors of Universities, Persons in charge of the Residential Schools and Hostels shall ensure cent per cent participation of teachers/faculty and students in promotion of awareness regarding the Mission/Programme and its impact on environment/climate change and ensure proactive participation in plantation and protection of the planted saplings.
7. Every plant must have a 'guardian' who shall take responsibility for protection, watering, application of manure, and proper nourishment to the plant. The tree guardian could be an individual or a group of individuals and may be responsible for one or more plants. In institutions, the head of the institution shall assign responsibility for the maintenance of plants to the Staff/ students of the institution.
8. Active participation of people's representatives, government officials, academicians, NGOs, School Children, College students, members of DWCRA Groups, SHGs and VSSs, Media representatives, proactive involvement of industries and Corporate enterprises, Paper Mills, CJI, FICCI, temples, churches, mosques and other faith based institutions, etc. shall be secured.
All the Officers are further informed that the details of the institutions in which the plantation has lo be taken up, logistics and the list of the plants to be procured for plantation is enclosed herewith. Therefore, all the Officers are requested to take action accordingly and report compliance. Treat this reference as Most Urgent. Encl: As above