Korukonda, Kalikiri Sainik Schools Entrance Exam 2017-2018| Sainik School AdmissionsThis year, Korukonda Sainik School and Kalikiri Sainik School Entrance Examination Notification 2017-18 has been issued on October 09, 2016 by the Korukonda Sainik School Officials for admission into Classes VI & IX in Sainik School, Korukonda, Vizianagaram District and admission into Class VI & IX in Sainik School, Kalikiri, Chittoor District. Both Sainik Schools invite applications from the eligible students for admission into Classes VI & IX for the academic year 2017-2018.
Korukonda, Kalikiri Sainik School Admission 2017-2018 Notification
About: Sainik Schools are wholly residential schools run on public school lines. All the Sainik Schools are also members of the All India Public Schools Conference. They offer a common curriculum and are affiliated to the Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi. While developing sound character, team spirit, dedication to duty, patriotic outlook and desire to serve the country with efficiency, the Sainik Schools prepare students academically for All India Secondary School Examination and All India Senior School Certificate Examination and also for the UPSC Entrance Examination to the National Defence Academy. The Sainik school Curriculum is 10+2 System of the CBSE (New Delhi).
The primary aim of Sainik Schools are to prepare boys academically, physically and mentally for entry into the National Defence Academy and other walks of life. The other objectives are: 1. To remove regional imbalance in the officer cadre of the Defence Services. 2. To develop qualities of body, mind and character which will enable the young boys of today to become good and useful citizens of tomorrow. 3. To bring public school education within the reach of the common man.
The sainik school admissions will be made strictly in accordance with the merit in the Entrance Examination, Interview and Medical fitness of candidates. The school has not deputed any individual / Organization / institution related coaching/ training.
Total Number of Vacancies:For the academic year 2017-2018 approximate vacancies for Class - VI are 90 and for Class -IX are 25 including all reservations of State / Other States / Union Territories for Sainik School, Korukonda, Vizianagaram District and approximately 105 Vacancies for Class VI only for Sainik School, Kalikiri, Chittoor District. In case of non-availability of SC / ST candidates, the vacancies will be filled in by General category candidates.
A. Class VI: 60 seats and Class IX: 25 seats in Korukonda Sainik school and
B. Class VI: 105 seats and Class IX: 04 Seats in Kalikiri Sainik school.
Category wise reservation of seats:
15% for SC and 7.5% for ST, 25% for sons of Defence and Ex-service Personnel.
Different types of Scholarships are given by Central / State Goverments depending upon the Parents monthly income. More details are available in the prospectus.
"Serve the Nation - Dedication - Inspiration - Knowledge is divine"
ELIGIBILITY FOR SAINIK SCHOOL ADMISSIONS
- For Admission to class VI: Only those candidates who have completed 10 years but not crossed 11 years of age as on 1st July of the year of admission are eligible. For admission to Class VI for 2017-2018 session, the candidates should have been born between 02nd July 2006 and 01st July 2007 (both days inclusive)i.e.,Born not before 02 Jul 2006 and not after 01 Jul 2007. Boys are admitted to Class VI according to the seats available at the beginning of the year. The admission will be made on the basis of an "All India Sainik Schools, Entrance Examination". The Examination for the forthcoming academic session will be held on 15 January 2017 (Sunday). The applications are required to be submitted by 18th November 2016.
- For Admission to class IX: Only those candidates who have completed 13 years but not crossed 14 years as on 01st July of the year of admission are eligible for admission to Class IX. For 2017-2018 session, the candidates should have been born between 02nd July 2003 and 01st July 2004 (both days inclusive) and should have passed class VIII from a recognised school before admission. The boys are admitted according to the seats available at the beginning of the year. (Born not before 02-July, 2003 and not after 01-July, 2004 and should be studying in class VII in a recognized school).
The written examination for Class VI & Class IX will be held as per the given programme in the prospectus and Examination Centres are Guntur, kadapa, Tirupati, Nellore, Vishakapatnam, Vizianagaram, Anantha puram, Kurnool, Vijayawada, Rajamundry and Kalikiri.
Prospectus & Application Form:
Sainik School Korukonda: Prospectus, Application form and previous year question papers can be obtained from the Principal, Sainik School Korukonda, Vizianagaram District. Application form may also be downloaded from the School website: www.sainikschoolkorukonda.org. The application form downloaded from the website may be duly filled and sent alongwith a DD for Rs.475/- for Gen/Def category or Rs.325/- for SC/ST category towards Registration in favour of the ‘Principal, Sainik School Korukonda’ payable at State Bank of India, Sainik School, Korukonda Branch, Code No.02791. Application Forms downloaded from the website and submitted without the Demand Draft will not be entertained.
Sainik School Kalikiri: Prospectus, Application form and previous year question papers can be obtained from the Principal, Sainik School Kalikiri, Cittoor District. Application form may also be downloaded from the School website: www.kalikirisainikschool.com. The application form downloaded from the website may be duly filled and sent alongwith a DD for Rs.475/- for Gen/Def category or Rs.325/- for SC/ST category towards Registration in favour of the ‘Principal, Sainik School Kalikiri’ payable at State Bank of India, Sainik School, Kalikiri Branch, 16427. Application Forms downloaded from the website and submitted without the Demand Draft will not be entertained.
BUY QUESTION PAPERS:One set of last year's question papers: Interested candidates are to remit the following amount mentioned against each Category by Crossed Demand Draft in favour of Principal, Sainik School, Korukonda drawn on State Bank of India, Sainik School, Korukonda, Branch Code No.2791, alongwith one self addressed envelope of size 26 X 20 cms
Category Both for Class VI and IX
(i) General / Defence Rs.475/-
(ii) SC / ST Rs.325/-
The above amount caters for supply of School Prospectus containing Application Form and one set of last year's question papers of Class VI or IX whichever is applicable (excluding Intelligence paper for Class VI) alongwith address slips, Registration fee, postal charges for sending Hall Ticket, Joining Instructions (for Selected Boys) etc. Money Order / IPOs will not be accepted. Few Previous Year's question papers are also available for supply on demand with an additional amount of Rs.25/- each on first come first serve basis. and also get from Kalikiri Sainik School.
HOW TO APPLY:For Sainik School, Korukonda: Application Form alongwith the following required documents must be completed in all respects and submitted to The Principal, Sainik School, Korukonda by Post only so as to reach before the expiry of the last date, i,e., 18th November, 2016. Filled in applications will not be accepted by hand.
For Sainik School, Kalikiri: Application Form alongwith the following required documents must be completed in all respects and submitted to The Principal, Sainik School, Kalikiri by Post only so as to reach before the expiry of the last date, i,e., 18th November, 2016. Filled in applications will not be accepted by hand.
While despatching the application please ensure to attach the following required documents:
1. Application Form (02 Pages) duly filled and signed by Parent.
2. Appendix - 'B' (Identification Card-cum-Attendance Record) - 02 Pages duly filled and signed by candidate on the photographs.
3.For Korukonda: Demand Draft drawn in favour of the Principal, Sainik School, Korukonda on SBI payable at Korukonda Branch (Code No.02791) and For Kalikiri: Demand Draft drawn in favour of the Principal, Sainik School, Kalikiri on SBI payable at Kalikiri Branch (Code No.16427).
(a) Rs.475/- for General / Defence Category and
(b) Rs.325/- for SC / ST Category
4. Study Certificate and Date of Birth Certificate
5. In case of Defence / SC / ST
(a) In Case of Serving Personnel - Service Certificate to be attached.
(b) In Case of Ex-servicemen - attested copy of Discharge Book to be attached and a certificate from Zilla Sainik Welfar Office of the concerned Dist.
(c) In case of SC / ST - attested copy of Caste Certificate to be attached.
6. Please affix Passport Size latest Photographs - 03 No.s (taken after 01 Oct 2016) to be pasted in the application and Appendix - 'B' i.e. Identification Card-cum-Attendance Record.
MEDICAL EXAM GUIDELINES:Guidelines for Medical Examination of Boys seeking admission into Sainik Schools:-
- Eye: Please refer para - 36 & 37 of School Prospectus.
- Ear: He should be able to hear a forced whisper with each ear from a distance of 610 cms. Presence of wax in the ear is a temporary rejection. Tympanic Memberane should be intact & mobile. it should note have any perforation.
- Heart: There should not be any kind of murmur in the heart.
- Lungs: There should not be any evidence of past or present disease.
- General: There should not be any bodily deformity. He should not have flat foot, knock knees, chest deformity, polydactaly etc. However, Height and Weight are not taken into cognisance as they are variable at this tender age.
- Last date of Issue of Application form and Prospectus:From 17-10-2016 to 18-11-2016
- Last date for Receipt of filled in applications:
- Date of Entrance Examination: 15-01-2017
Contact No's:Korukonda - 08922-246119, 246168; Kalikiri - 09493522601.