PCRA Painting and Essay Writing Competitions for School Children 2015-16Petroleum Conservation Research Association invites children of Recognized Schools within India, affiliated to All Boards, Central or State, for a National Level Painting &Essay writing competition
About PCRA: PCRA is a registered society under the aegis of Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas. As a non-profit organization, PCRA is engaged in promoting fuel conservation and efficiency in various sectors of economy i.e. Industry, Agriculture, Transport, Domestic and Commercial in close cooperation with Public Sector Oil and Gas companies, Government and Non-Government organizations, Research Institute and Laboratories, Educational Institutions, Consumer Associations and other Organizations.
Education Campaign is used by PCRA as a communication tool to create mass awareness on efficient utilization of Energy Resources using various modes of communication. Print advertisement, TV, Radio, Digital Media, Internet, Website, Transport workshops, NukkadNatak, Driver Training Programs, Safety and conservation workshops, LPG clinics, Walkathons and organization of Essay and Painting competitions in schools, are an endeavour in this direction. PCRA has developed various tips for fuel conservation in all sectors and the same are available on PCRA
website: www.pcra.org and “PCRA Android App” from Google Play Store. Innovations and research findings are also available on the website.
#Essay Competition in 23 Languages
#Awards :Trip to Japan, Laptops and Cash Prizes of Rs.1 Lakhs
Languages for Essay:
Hindi, English, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Kashmiri, Konkani, Malayalam, Manipuri, Marathi, Oriya, Punjabi, Sanskrit, Sindhi, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu, Maithili, Dogri, Nepali, Bodo and Santhali.
Students of classes 6th to 9th are eligible to participate in the competition through their school only. No individual entry will be entertained & schools can participate in either or both (Essay and Painting) Competitions.
Commencement Date and Period : 14th, Aug’2015 till 12th, October’2015
The due date for conducting the painting and essay writing competitions /submission of entries has been extended till 12th October.All the schools need to submit only one best selected painting, one English essay, one Telugu essay, one Urdu essay and one Hindi essay.
The salient features of the two schemes are as follows:
A. Painting Competition
B. Essay Competition
A. Painting Competition:
School Level Painting Competition 2015 to be conducted by the School, for students of 6th, 7th,8th and 9th for aduration of two hours. Schools are requested to advertise the topic for the Painting competition in advance, so as to enable the children to obtain informa ion on fuel conservation from various sources. They may also visit PCRA website www.pcra.org.
How to Apply?
Participating school will send the scan copy or photograph of the best entry of the painting competition, along withan Undertaking as per Annexure 1, to email ID: email@example.com. The entry of the school should reach by email, immediately after the result of the competition, and in no case later than 30.09.15, 1500 Hours. Entriesreceived without the completed format as per Annexure 1 or sent directly by students or their parents or received as hard copywill not be accepted. The Principal also has to certify the number of participating students in the competition. The schools are required to retain the entriessent to PCRA, in original, as thoseentries shortlisted for the final round, when contacted, will be required to be submitted in original, to PCRA.
The children can use Pencils, Pencil Colours, Crayons, WaterColours etc. The children may consider the following points while painting:
i. Relevance of the theme depicting the topic.
ii. Execution of concept/theme.
iii. Overall visual appeal, handling of given space and use of appropriate colour combination.
Students must use A3 size drawing sheet only. On top of the Drawing Sheet, students should mention.
‘PETROLEUM CONSERVATION RESEARCH ASSOCIATION (PCRA) PAINTING COMPETITION 2015’, and paint on the following theme: ‘Fuel Conservation – Self, Family, Society and Nation’
The jury will select the top three paintings/posters in the order of merit & the awards will be distributed in the inaugural function of Oil &Gas Conservation Fortnight 2016, during the 2nd half of January 2016.
#Awards and Amount:
I. First Prize: Rs 30,000/- and a laptop plus an all- expensepaid Study trip to Japan
II. Second Prize: Rs20,000/- and a TAB
III. Third Prize: Rs12,500/- and a TAB
IV. Special appreciation: Rs. 5,000/- each to the next 10 best Paintings.
Besides above prizes, a certificate of Appreciation will be awarded to the Best Entry of each School.
B. Essay Competition
School Level Essay Writing Competition 2015 to be conducted by the School, for the students of 6th, 7th, 8th & 9th for one hour duration. Schools are requested to advertise/publicize the topics for the competition to the participants in advance, so as to enable the children to obtain information on fuel conservation from various sources. They may also visit PCRA website www.pcra.org. Weightage shall be given more to content, innovative/ unique ideas on conservation of Petroleum fuels.
How to Apply?
Participating school will send the scanned copy or photograph of the best entry of the essay competition, along with Undertaking as per Annexure 1, to email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org. The entry of the school should reach by email, immediately after the result of the competition held at school, and in no case later than 30.09.15, 1500 Hours. Entriesreceived without the completed format as per Annexure 1 or sent directly by students or their parents or sent as hard copy will not be accepted. The Principal also has to certify the number of participating students in the competition.The schools are required to retain the entries sent to PCRA, in original, as those entries shortlisted for the final round, when contacted, will be required to be submitted in original, to PCRA.
One student can participate in only one of the 23 languages. Students can pick up any of the following themes for writing an essay, which should not exceed 500 words:
1. Why should I conserve Fuel and how?
2. How to make Fuel Conservation a habit
3. Role of Children in making Fuel Conservation a National Movement.
The jury will select the top three essays in each of the above stated 23 languages, in the order of merit and the awards will be distributed in the inaugural function of Oil &Gas Conservation Fortnight 2016, be as follows:
I. First Prize: Rs 30,000/- & a laptop plus an all expense paid trip to Japan
II. Second Prize: Rs 20,000/-& a TAB
III. Third Prize: Rs 12,500/-& a TAB
Besides above prizes, a certificate of Appreciation will be awarded to the Best Entry of each School in each of the languages.
Important Guidelines for both Essay and Painting Competitions:
1. The decision of the Jury/Expert committee will be final.
2. The painting & essay entries submitted would be the sole property of PCRA, which will have the right to use it for any purpose it considers appropriate.
3. Please refer to our website www.pcra.org for further details. You may also follow us on
a. Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/pcraindia b. Twitter - https://twitter.com/pcraindia
c. YouTube -https://www.youtube.com/user/pcraorg
4. The unique experience of the last year’s winners is shared on PCRA website as “Competitions 2015”
5. It would be advisable that the documentary on PCRA, which gives a brief on ‘Conservation of Fuel’, and is available on our website www.pcra.org, can be shown to all the children before the start of the competition.
6. The topics of the Essay & Painting Competitions may be displayed boldly, at least a week in advance, as the exercise is focussed on increasing awareness in young minds for this National Cause.
7. Best Entries must be scanned in colour, or photographed, and uploaded in PDFor JPG format only. The mail attachments should not exceed 5MB .Check your scan to see that everything on the original document can be read on the scan, including text, numbers, etc. If the file cannot be read when it's uploaded, the entry will be considered invalid.
8. Children of employees of PCRA are not eligible for the prizes.
9. In case the participation in a particular language is very low, PCRA will get the prize winning entries evaluated by expert jury. If the best entries do not conform to thegeneralstandard of entries in other languages, PCRA reserves its right to rationalize the prizes for that particular language. The decision of PCRA in this regard will be final and binding.
10. The Schools should try to hold the competition as early as possible to avoid last minute rush in submission.
11. The Final Results shall be announced in December 2015.
For any further queries on the subject, the schools can contact our HelpDesk on phone no. 011-26715360, E-mail.: email@example.com